Brake pedal noise

3 posters

Go down

Brake pedal noise Empty Brake pedal noise

Post by asrapid Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:13 pm

Guys i think i will start to look at selling my Vitara. I have it for 2.5 years and already had two major fixes( steering column and sealing of chain cover). Now I'm on vacation and when i stoped  to wait for ferry  i heard this noise when i release brake pedal. I think it only happens  when pedal is almost fully released. It sounds like something  is loose but brake pedal does not feel like that. I will call dealership in thursday. Does your's Vitara make similar noise?

https://youtu.be/oI8xK7a6ieA

Last edited by asrapid on Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Brake pedal noise Empty Re: Brake pedal noise

Post by crozier Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm

Sounds normal. If the engine was off when you did this (it sounds as if it was) then the brake servo was not charged. So the brake pedal would sound different when pressed.

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asrapid Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:34 pm

Engine is on. I tried it with engine off and on... same sound. Louder than the engine sound in interior. I hear it even with radio on and engine on. I hear it when i drive the car. That is why i think it is some new sound because i didn't hear it before.
Also if i release brake pedal very slow i don't hear it . In couple of days  i'm going home and i have to drive 600+ km. I made mistake in describing situation. It is not when the pedal is depressed but when you release the pedal. Sorry about that.

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 pm

Have you tried greasing the clevis pin between the brake pedal and push rod?

Brake pedal noise Scree108

Many new cars are manufactured in what they call a clean environment that often means very little if any grease is used during assembly

I have not encountered any of the issues you mention above although a few members have had oil misting on the 1.4 engine

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by asrapid Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:58 am

Maybe it is but unfortunately it will have to wait. I'm on island so mostly there is only small grocery shops here and simillar. Even if i go for looking and find some if i start to mess around my gf will ask what  i'm doing. And we have some sightseeing to do. And  if i tell her  that i'm messing  around car on vacation she will go beserk.
I will contact guy in dealership and send him a video  to see if it is anything to worry about. I know him by first and last name and have him as a contact in mobile. Not a good sign when you are starting to know guys who repairs your 2.5 year old car. Last time i've seen him was in May this year. It was not regular service.

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:52 pm

asrapid wrote:....... if i tell her  that i'm messing  around car on vacation she will go beserk.

From what you are saying you may need to forget the grease and go with plan B curing both issues

Brake pedal noise Stihl-10

Knowing your technician well is not really a problem especially with the isolated problems you have had, it is when you know the breakdown recovery driver on first name terms that you know things are bad

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by asrapid Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:36 pm

I already have one of these at home. But if i start wearing them when i'm driving she will know something's up.

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down