side window marked

2 posters

Go down

side window marked Empty side window marked

Post by billywhizz Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:30 pm

I have what appear too be scratch marks on the near side front and rear window glass, it show up more when the glass has rain on it ,3-4 long water puddle marks on the glass. i wondered if it was scratches too the glass from the hedge. Where i live are lots of narrow roads with hedges and brambles . you cant feel any marks scratch marks and i have polished the glass until its spotless ,but as soon as the window gets wet these lines show and water puddles on them. The black trim around the windows and the painted panels show no marks at all. any ideas please. thanks for looking.
billywhizz
billywhizz

Back to top Go down

side window marked Empty Re: side window marked

Post by jim mac Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:05 am

you might have / or had grit etc trapped under the window seal

jim mac

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:28 pm

Jim, thanks for the reply, what i forgot too add was the lines are horizontal not vertical, looking at the glass there are no marks that you can see, you can only see the lines /puddle of the water on the glass, its a really weird one! there are about 3-4 on both the front and rear nearside glasses . when the glass is not wet or misty you cant see them.
billywhizz
billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:21 pm

I finally sorted out the window marking, i used some baking powder and water and a polishing mop in my cordless drill, it took a few applications too get it done but now is back too normal. this was a really strange problem , im guessing it was a bramble bush and the branch /stem and the sap in the stem damaged the glass skin!. maybe the glass is cheap quality as well?. i hope this is of use too someone else.
billywhizz
billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down