Noisy A/C or something else?

Go down

Noisy A/C or something else? Empty Noisy A/C or something else?

Post by asrapid Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:48 pm

I'm going tomorrow to change steering wheel electric servo but there are couple of more problems I will mention to get check (since car is under warranty). One problem i've already mentioned and put pictures on other topic (oil stain) other problem i will explain.

In past 4 days  temperatures here were reaching over 30°C during day (15 in morning and 30 at around 15:00). It's been hot.
So I come to work at around 5:30 and leave around 14:00. I have my A/C always turned on in car during summer and spring. In last 3 days when I start the car (leaving the work) I heard strange sound from outside of the car when A/C kicked in. It sounds like pressure relief or something like that. Similar sound you have when you release air under high pressure through small diameter tube (we have that for cleaning on work Very Happy ) . It last for fraction of a second and then you can turn A/C on off but nothing..no more whistling sound.

But today temperature were higher. And when i was leaving work, started the car, when A/C kicked in  I heard belt squealing and very big drop in rpm (i didn't start to move yet). I thought my engine would stall for a second there. It was like there was a problem turning A/C  on or compressor were having problem with something. After that A/C was working normal again. You can turn it on/off but no loud sound. It seems it happens only after sitting for longer period (8-9 h) and it last for very short period (less than a second). You also can not hear it after that if you turn A/C on off. But it doesn't happen in the morning...yet. And A/C is cooling fine.

It was very loud sound.

I will mention this to service department and get it check  but do you have some weird experience with A/C?

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Noisy A/C or something else? Empty Re: Noisy A/C or something else?

Post by asrapid Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:45 pm

I have returned yesterday from dealership. They've changed the steering column together with powers steering motor (that was warranty claim) and they also looked if everything is o.k with A/C. They couldn't find anything wrong but guys  there told me they also hear squealing and loud noise sometimes in their Suzuki vehicles (Vitara and S cross), when turning A/C on after some time  not using it.

asrapid

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:09 pm

Sounds like the belt tensioner might not be keeping the belt tight enough to deal with starting the compressor under load? Not got into these engines yet so could be barking up the wrong tree.
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by imack Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:13 pm

My vitara will make a momentary screech from the ac belt when the engine is started with the ac switched on after it has been parked all day in very hot weather. Its done it from new.
The belt tension isn't adjustable, it's fitted with a stretch belt.
imack
imack
Tech Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down