wheel alignment needed after lift?

Go down

wheel alignment needed after lift?  Empty wheel alignment needed after lift?

Post by FiVit Mon May 03, 2021 5:37 am

I'm planning to lift my Vitara with Eibach 25 mm set. I also have a little big bigger tires, 215/65 R16, giving roughly 1 cm more clearance. -> Together with Eibach it means that ground clearance is about 22 cm while originally it is 18,5 cm.

Replacing springs is a work I can do myself - probably - but is it necessary to make wheel alignment after the lift? I mean to adjust camber, caster whatsoever. That is something I cannot do myself but it should be done in a car service.

And.... if wheel alignment is needed, can I still drive couple of hundred kilometers without it? Just in case I cannot find service time right after new springs and I need to drive to work etc.

My previous car have ground clearance 20,5 cm and it is amazing how big difference it is between 20,5 cm and Vitara's original 18,5 cm when driving on "forest roads" (the roads that are actually made logging, for logging trucks etc.).

FiVit

Back to top Go down

wheel alignment needed after lift?  Empty Re: wheel alignment needed after lift?

Post by imack Mon May 03, 2021 7:27 am

I've been running the Eibach  +25mm springs for about 18 months on my 2016 Vitara S along with either 215/70/16 winter tyres or standard 215/55/17 summer tyres.
Camber and caster are not adjustable, I have got camber gauges but I can't remember if I carried out a before and after measurement.
I did check toe angle but again I can't remember for certain if I needed to make an adjustment,  I don't  think I needed to adjust it.
I've only driven around 10000 miles due to covid restrictions since fitting the lift kit but I keep a careful eye on tyre wear.
Both sets of wheels have been on the car in that time and I do swap what we're the fronts to the rear each time I change wheels but all tyres are evenly worn across the tread. I run 33psi in all tyres.

Last edited by imack on Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

imack

Back to top Go down

wheel alignment needed after lift?  Empty Re: wheel alignment needed after lift?

Post by Hutchy Mon May 03, 2021 2:25 pm

i have the eibach springs fitted to the standard shocks running standard factory 17" wheel tyre size and i never had to touch the wheel alignment Wink
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by FiVit Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 am

Thank you. I'm not so worried anymore! I will replace the springs and continue monitoring the wearing of the tires.

FiVit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down