USB Socket in centre box

Go down

USB Socket in centre box Empty USB Socket in centre box

Post by TWSaab Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:35 pm

When we bought the car (2017 S Cross SZ-T) we found the USB socket was missing. It had fallen into the space under the box, the top part having disappeared, presumably broken by the previous owner. As we were in lockdown the dealer sent me a new socket to fit. Got it done although it would have been easier if they had made the cable 6" longer as not easy to get two hands in the box to hols the unit and get the plug in!

Having got it fitted I tried with my mobile (both Android Auto and Mirror apps loaded) but nothing on the infotainment unit. I tried checking the infotainment settings and it said 'USB not connected'. Any ideas or suggestions on the next move welcome.

TWSaab

Back to top Go down

USB Socket in centre box Empty Re: USB Socket in centre box

Post by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:54 pm

Has the SLDA been updated to the latest software 1880?

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t1649-update-bosch-slda-firmware

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

Does it charge the phone OK ?
Does it recognise a USB memory stick with music on it?
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:34 am

Thanks, have just checked and my software appears to be 0850 so out of date.   I will have to find an SD card and update it.  I have a dashcam awaiting repair with a 32GB micro SD so assume I can use that in an adaptor?

I don't have a stick with music on (bit of a dinosaur). What sort of music file is necessary?

Yes, it does charge the phone.

TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am

It may work with all types of music, but mp3 for sure.

I have new car, up to date software, new iphone - and yet find apple play connection somewhat hit and miss.
Sometimes it connect OK, sometimes it cycles connect/disconnect continuously, sometimes does nothing at all.
I don't know if its got something to do with bluetooth being connected first, or disconnected and being required.

You do need to have the phone unlocked when you connect it up,, and (for iphone) you need to pair them up - follow on screen prompts on phone.

I've never found the carplay reliable, and once working isn't much use anyway unless you keep music on the phone or you need google maps. Just as easy to use the phone alone.
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 am

As the software update thread, I have now got the USB port responding to the phone.

So, apart from the phone, I should be able to copy albums onto a stick and play them through the USB socket?
(Seemed so simple with a CD slot!)

TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 am

Yes - in fact I took the map SD card out and put my music on that to keep the USB slot free for charging.

I put my music onto the SD in mp3 format, in album folders. The head unit scrolls and selects them really well, in some cases it even shows the album cover - I've no idea how I did that, probably part of the original download

Know what you mean re the CD slot. In fact I though cassette even simpler, my previous car a Duster comes with no audio system at all, I put in an old cassette / FM radio and was perfectly happy with that!
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down