Auto wipers not giving auto operation

Go down

Auto wipers not giving auto operation Empty Auto wipers not giving auto operation

Post by TWSaab Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:12 pm

The auto wipers on our newly acquired 2017 SZ-T S Cross do not appear to function automatically.   They do not turn on when it starts raining, only when prompted by moving the lever to 'Mist'.  Back in auto they then function as intermittent wipe with frequency dependent on the adjustable setting.  When the rain stops the wipers do not, you have to move them to 'Off'.   Is this a common problem and is it easy to change the sensor or whatever is wrong?

Last edited by TWSaab on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added year)
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Auto wipers not giving auto operation Empty Re: Auto wipers not giving auto operation

Post by STDI Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:29 pm

Former owner might have programmed it to "OFF" I have on mine. See: Programming wipers and light

STDI

Back to top Go down

Auto wipers not giving auto operation Empty Re: Auto wipers not giving auto operation

Post by TWSaab Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:35 pm

That's great thanks, will give it a try.
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 pm

I only have a Mk1 S-Cross but on the wiper stalk there is a rotation knob to alter the speed of the Intermittent wipe and an "AUTO" setting in the centre

Select "AUTO" and leave the wiper arm down one notch onto "INTERMITTENT" and my auto wipers work when it rains or detects water on the screen

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 am

Thanks, but have checked again. My wiper arm has Mist (sprung)-Off-Auto-Lo-Hi positions. I have had it in the Auto position (with the twist band in Auto) and it does not work as an Auto. You have to start and stop it your self (from the Off position) and the twist band changes the intermittent frequency when in Auto.
According to the Handbook, with the lever in the Auto position they should start and stop automatically and the twist band changes the sensitivity. I am inclined to think they have been programmed for Intermittent only and will have a go at reprogramming as suggested previously when I can get the sequence into my head!
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 am

Has the vehicle had windscreen replaced at any time?

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t865-wipers-problem#6865

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 am

Sorry, no idea but there are no real signs of it and it is a Suzuki OE screen. We have only had it about 5 weeks. It was delivered in lockdown so have not really used it much. It had only done 11k, not that that necessarily means much.
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by TWSaab Tue May 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Just to wrap this up, the dealer booked our car into the local Suzuki dealer today.  They found that there was a code (B1670) stored in the BCM which was preventing normal auto operation.  They could not clear the code and carried out a 'wiper system re-initialisation' and could then clear the code and it was all working again.  Just hope it stays working as it cost £100+VAT to investigate and reset.
Looking on the 'net the code definition seems to vary from 'invalid data received from instrument panel cluster' to 'door mirror failure' to 'crash air bag sensor'!  I assume (hope) it was the first and does not return.
TWSaab
TWSaab

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down