Lanoguard

Go down

Lanoguard  Empty Lanoguard

Post by Yorkshire pud on Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:33 pm

Not sure where to post this question so apologise if it in the wrong section...
Has anyone tried this new liquid called Lanoguard that you spray on the underside of your car to protect it from corrosion?
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Lanoguard  Empty Re: Lanoguard

Post by Hutchy on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:12 pm

not used it but after 20 years of owning ladder chassis mitsubishi pajero,s (shoguns in the UK) i have used all sorts of products over the years,waxoy/dinitrol/bilt hamber they are all ok but messy if you have to do any work underneath for any reason as it stays soft you get covered in it,you have to keep topping it up ie reapplying it every year which is a pain,the last time i did the underside of my pajero i used corroless rust inhibiting paint which converts the rust and encapsulates it as you have to put 2 coats on followed by a glass flake top coat which is hard as nails,this actually worked very well as i stripped most of it shot blasted the chassis before applying it..when i bought the vitara i did the same with that,stripped out all the plastic shields and guards,exhaust,wheel arch covers etc even sprayed inside the box sections with a wax,i have yet to see what underneath looks like seeing as we have just had a week of salt and snow down...if your interested here is the stuff i got...corroless paint...
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Thanks Hutchy! Sounds like you did a really thorough job of protecting the underneath of your vitara and previous cars.
The corroloss stuff sounds like quite a lot of work to apply properly though.
I bought a 500ml spray bottle of the lanoguard from ebay and did the underside of my vitara with it, really easy to apply and dries to a clear matt sheen that seems to have excellent hydrophobic properties! It seems as though it resembles an American product called fluid film as in its lanolin based.
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:03 pm

when i did mine i took the vitara off the road for 5 days during summer,as for applying it i use my air compressor with a 2.5mm tip spray gun which helps get it in the awkward spots,and it makes life easier,you can buy it all in aerosols,i do not know how many you would need for a vitara,as i had plenty left over from doing a friends car,but anything has to be better than nothing,as the salt in our country is really corrosive compared to some countries that use it..
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum