the old cherry

Go down

the old cherry Empty the old cherry

Post by hicky on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:46 pm

here we go again got the oil change message come up again this morning.second time now never had this problem with my fords used to go yearly service no problem.the last time i had it i got the garage to change my oil and he just laughed when i told him.it seems to be a thing with vitaras . last time admin told me to reset it and carry on till my next service.??? think i will do it this time as next service is february.

hicky

Back to top Go down

the old cherry Empty Re: the old cherry

Post by imack on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 am

If the oil light was reset last time the vehicle was serviced it shouldn't come on again for 12 months or 9000 miles for a petrol engine, which ever comes first.
How long and how many miles since the light was reset?

imack

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:34 am

I think this a calendar thing in the memory, rather than a oil degradation/filter problem.

I would just reset it yourself, then do it again after next service in case the garage forgets to do it.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by martinp on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 am

Just had the same on our 2015 Vitara. 1st time I've seen it Shocked  Checked with dealer as it's due a service in a few days and he dismissed it as "just a reminder, carry on driving" HaHa Laughing

martinp

Back to top Go down

Post by birch on Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 pm

My 2017 vitara 1.6 service reminder came on just before 12months/12,500 miles and in the handbook and confirming with the dealer it gives 12 months or 12,500 miles so must give a bit of time to get an oil change done.

birch

Back to top Go down

Post by imack on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot the 1.6's are on 12500 mile intervals!

imack

Back to top Go down

Post by birch on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:28 pm

My vitara 1.6 petrol is the non turbo version and it' a nice smooth engine but takes a bit of rev's to get the best out of it.However if I switch to sport mode it's far nicer to drive at low rev's and to my surprise equal or even better mpg at very light throttle input.My question is...will it do it any harm using it in sport mode for the daily journey to work?

birch

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:53 pm

birch wrote:My vitara 1.6 petrol is the non turbo version and it' a nice smooth engine but takes a bit of rev's to get the best out of it.However if I switch to sport mode it's far nicer to drive at low rev's and to my surprise equal or even better mpg at very light throttle input.My question is...will it do it any harm using it in sport mode for the daily journey to work?

I often forget about the mode switches, however sport mode does give it a bit of a boost, and i use it quite often when i remember it is there. I have also found that operating in sport mode can be more economical in certain situations.

I use Cruise and speeed limit quite often too, limit is very handy around town, and even on the open road where they have these stupid 50 mph limits on wide open A roads.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by birch on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Thanks for the reply kwikphix,must admit not tried cruise control only once to make sure it worked so might give it a go.Just found it odd I could get more mpg on ultra light throttle in sport mode!

birch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down