stop /start

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

stop /start - Page 2 Empty Re: stop /start

Post by STDI on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Bazzer wrote:I've learnt to modify my braking so as stop/start rarely kicks in.
So have I. Or even so it kicks in only when I want it to. But that works only with automatic gearbox. Or?

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazzer on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Mines auto so I'm not sure about manuals.

Bazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 pm

I could see in your profile you have an auto. So the question was for someone with manual. Or who knows anyway.

I think there was a discussion in another thread and the conclusion was that it worked only for automatic. But I'm not sure.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:38 am

I think with a manual the start/stop only stops the engine if you are in neutral and handbrake is on.
Re-start is on depressing the clutch pedal to put it into gear to move off.
So if you pull up at a junction or in slow moving traffic and leave in gear and hold it on the clutch the engine keeps running.
I may be wrong though.

Or if you press the button approaching the junction it turns it off...
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by AKC1 on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 am

I have found that when pushing the ignition start button followed by the stop start off button just afterwards every time, within a couple of weeks my brain automatically told me that this is the normal procedure to start the car and became second nature.
Simples...........

AKC1

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:20 pm

Good news guys, Very Happy a friend of mine has worked his magic once more, he purchased a delay timer switch /board from china sources ,fitted 3 wires too it and we then connected the 3 wires too the stop start switch. what happens now is turn on ignition/start up after 5 seconds the relay clicks and turns off the stop start . Very Happy . so great news for me i dont have too worry about the stop start ever again. cost wise timer board,fuse and holder ,wire. £ 8.00.

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:57 pm

billywhizz wrote:Good news guys, Very Happy  a friend of mine has worked his magic once more, he purchased a delay timer switch /board from china sources ,fitted 3 wires too it and we then connected the 3 wires too the stop start switch. what happens now is turn on ignition/start up after 5 seconds the relay clicks and turns off the stop start . Very Happy . so great news for me i dont have too worry about the stop start ever again. cost wise timer board,fuse and holder ,wire. £ 8.00.

Do you have P/N's or circuit diagram etc.

Or maybe a 'Forum Special' small production run ?
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:07 pm

billywhizz wrote:Good news guys, Very Happy  a friend of mine has worked his magic once more, he purchased a delay timer switch /board from china sources ,fitted 3 wires too it and we then connected the 3 wires too the stop start switch. what happens now is turn on ignition/start up after 5 seconds the relay clicks and turns off the stop start . Very Happy . so great news for me i dont have too worry about the stop start ever again. cost wise timer board,fuse and holder ,wire. £ 8.00.

Something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-Delay-adjustable-timer-relay-Turn-on-Turn-off-Switch-Module-UK-seller/163037164303

I wasn't going to suggest any circuit which was just a delay, as it doesn't unlatch the relay, the car may register it as a fault / stuck switch
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 pm

[quote="tigersaw"]

Something like this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-DC-Delay-adjustable-timer-relay-Turn-on-Turn-off-Switch-Module-UK-seller/163037164303

I wasn't going to suggest any circuit which was just a delay, as it doesn't unlatch the relay, the car may register it as a fault / stuck switch [/quote

the pic you have shown looks very similar, the one i have has a 5 second delay and a 3 second delay set up , i will try and explain,, not sure how this will make sense Rolling Eyes . turn on the ignition and start up the dash shows stop start active, 5 seconds later  the unit pulses a 12 volt current too the switch connection  and the stop start is turned off. only warning light showing is the stop /start light showing off.  all the unit is doing is acting as a finger push on the switch  too turn off the stop /start. hope that makes sense  so every time you start up the stop /start is active then the unit pulses and turns it off. if you want it back on while the ignition is on , then just press the stop /start switch and it is then active again.

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Right OK, so long as the relay clicks on and then back off (it wasn't clear from your post) then all is good, you have a working solution. thumbl
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:02 pm

yes sorry i didnt make that plain, this unit is also fused as an extra precaution, we didnt cut the original wires just soldered them too the connectors and shrink wrap. so if needed in a warranty situation ,it can be returned too original.

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:07 am

The stop/start switch in my partners Fiat 500 is sooo much better; Turn it off and S/S stays off forever, turn it on and S/S turns on forever...

Another job to add to my list...
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:24 pm

my friend who concoted the stop/start device ,sent this for the forum too see thinking it might help everyone.///// In case you want to share the info on your forum, this might help someone!

The relay module is an FRM01 (search this on ebay or Amazon or wherever) and needs Programme set to 03, with T1 set to 5 seconds, T2 set to 1 second, & NX set to 0101. Programming instructions can be readily Googled, but the module's labelled switches and LEDs make it pretty straightforward anyway. Programme 03 operates on this module on powering up, without needing a separate trigger signal. A wire needs to be added to the module to connect the +12V terminal on the input side to the Common terminal on the output side.

For the Vitara you need to connect the module to the ASS button connector wires as follows (although the colours may vary so should be checked first).:

Green wire (+12V IGN) to +12V on the module input side preferably via an inline fuse (eg 1A);

Light Blue wire (Ground) to 0V on the module input side;

Dark Blue wire (ASS control) to NO (Normally Open) on the module output side.

(Red wire is the +12V supply to the ASS button lighting, and is ignored for this modification.)

Operation: When the ignition is turned on, the module will be powered up, it will delay for 5 seconds (or T1 setting), then trigger the relay connecting +12V to the ASS control for 1 second (or T2 setting). The module will then 'sleep' consuming negligible power.

The modification therefore has exactly the same effect as manually pushing the ASS button after turning the ignition on. The ASS button will still operate, turning the ASS system on/off as normal, but now it will begin in an Off state instead of On.

The components (module, fuse, fuse-holder, wire, and enclosure if required), should be readily available for a total outlay of £10 or so.

The usual warnings about 'carried out at onwer's risk' and so on obviously apply!

Get Outlook for Android

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 pm

update on the stop start unit, its been a couple of weeks since being fitted, for me it works perfectly , no more forgotten switch operation. also this hasnt affected the car in anyway. one very happy customer. Very Happy Very Happy

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2