BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS

+2
Hutchy
Admin
6 posters

Go down

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Empty BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS

Post by Admin Wed May 13, 2020 12:50 am

BILSTEIN wrote:The BILSTEIN B6 is ideal gas-pressure shock absorber for those who refuse to compromise between performance or comfort.

Better vehicle dynamics in any situation.
For shock absorbers heavy loads or trailering are a big challenge. Built to OE quality standards, the BILSTEIN B6 delivers increased performance when demands are high. Even without lowering you will get better vehicle dynamics for a comfortable street performance in town and on the highway.

https://www.bilstein.com/uk/en/product/bilstein-b6/

Listed as fitting Vitara 2wd/4wd 1.0/1.4/1.6 Petrol and 1.6 Diesel...

Part number:22-282378 Front Axle Left Shock Absorber BILSTEIN - B6 Performance

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Bilste10

Part Number:22-282385 Front Axle Right Shock Absorber BILSTEIN - B6 Performance

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Bilste11

Part Number:24-282390 Rear Axle Left & Right Shock Absorber BILSTEIN - B6 Performance

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Bilste12

Please be aware that Bilstein also supply a regular replacement shock absorber

BILSTEIN Left Front Shock Absorbert Damper 22-282354

BILSTEIN Right Front Shock Absorber Damper 22-282361

BILSTEIN L&R Rear Shock Absorber Damper 19-282084

Karl

Last edited by Admin on Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Empty Re: BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS

Post by Hutchy Wed May 13, 2020 9:09 am

strange you listing these Karl as i have just been looking at them the other day,i had them fitted to one of my pajero,s and they are an excellent shock absorber just a tad expensive,unless you buy them as a set from germany works out a bit cheaper Wink
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS Empty Re: BILSTEIN B6 PERFORMANCE SHOCK ABSORBERS

Post by JDVitara Wed May 13, 2020 9:21 am

More great info = more expense = love it. Very Happy
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:34 pm

Replacement rather than performance Bilstein part numbers now added to first post

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravivz Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:42 am

Anyone has experience with those? I am mostly interested in offroad experience when combined wit MAD lift kit but also overall impression

Ravivz

Back to top Go down

Post by NordicVitara Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Ravivz wrote:Anyone has experience with those? I am mostly interested in offroad experience when combined wit MAD lift kit but also overall impression

Hi, I have had these Bilsteins for almost 20 000km. Overall impression is that they are a great. I have Eibach +25mm lift kit. When just driver on board,
the ride quality is a bit harsh. But when the car is loaded, Eibachs and Bilsteins are a way better performers than original setup. But because the shocks are same length as originals,
lift springs decrease the out bound travel causing some harsh top out especially at the rear axle. With MAD 40mm lift springs this would be worse. I am planning to install rear shock absorber extensions to give a little more droop and out bound damping. When accelerating, original Vitara tends to lift front end noticeably, with Eibachs and Bilsteins accelaration and braking is way more stabile, same as cornering eventhought the ride height has been increased. Bilstein front absorbers have a excellent out bound /rebound damping.
NordicVitara
NordicVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravivz Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:14 pm

Thank you for the detailed response!

I have searched high and low and these are the only aftermarket shocks I could find.
We enjoy light-medium off roading over the weekend (family of 5) and I am looking to improve performance. Is it possible to install shock extensions to the original shocks?

Ravivz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieranm105 Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:52 pm

Just ordered a set of 4 Bilstein b6 shocks for my diesel from here £357.29 all in delivered.

https://www.mk-fahrwerkstechnik.de/Sportfahrwerke

Kieranm105

Back to top Go down

Post by Kieranm105 Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:03 pm

That company cancelled the order as they don't ship to the UK. Ordered from another company, now they're saying 16 weeks delivery!!

Kieranm105

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:19 pm

MK told me there was no stock of front B6 Bilsteins and the ebay seller in Germany also cancelled my order yesterday as 12 week delivery time

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:17 am

i was told by the Uk supplier no stock until april that was a long while ago, when i asked again a few weeks ago they told me early September so i have given up on them, i managed to fit replacement kyb to the rear as the old ones were shot, which i thought was poor for a car that had done less than 30,000k but todays goods are pretty much short life use, as for the bilsteins i doubt i am going to bother now..does autodoc where you got your rears not have them Karl
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:29 am

Unfortunately Autodoc are out of stock for the B6 Bilsteins, I have yet to fit the rear Bilsteins as really wanted to fit a set of 4 for comparison to the oe KYB's
The Vitara is currently running Eibach pro lift and I have a set to fit to the S-Cross, I did look at Bilstein B4 for the S-cross but can only find 2 rears and a LH front so again will be using the oe KYB units

Interestingly I read earlier this week that the Maruti built S-Cross use Gabriel shocks that were apparently very poor quality and the KYB replacements are far superior

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:38 am

i read that to on some Indian auto page, i have my eibch fitted to my kybs at the moment, and to be fair the ride is quite good it,s not as sloppy as i thought, the kybs do hold up well on them, but i wanted the bilsteins so it would give even better handling, not like i am going to the nurenberg ring anytime soon though.. Very Happy
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:46 am

Having used many lift kits in the past on all sorts of Suzuki's (both budget and premium) the Eibachs i would say have been the best quality ride hence buying a second kit
Like yourself the Bilsteins were not a necessity but more to see what improvements they made as Eibach and B6 appear to be a popular combination.....plus i'm running out of things to modify on the Vitara 🤦🏻

Fingers crossed the German company's can get stock earlier than Bilstein UK

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:54 am

i have got a few things to do to mine, going to fit some osram led headlight bulbs and led foglights but later in the year need to strip and repaint my brake calipers, still thinking of fitting front parking sensors.. after that i will be like you not much else left, apart from keeping it clean and polished she, still runs sweet as a nut, just got to do an oil change when i get a dry day
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down