Yorkshire Allgrip

Go down

Yorkshire Allgrip Empty Yorkshire Allgrip

Post by K1K on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi everyone, we purchased our new Vitara in January, picked it up in February and its been stood on the drive ever since except for some occasional local use so not a lot to report.

A bit of history, we had a few Rav 4's over the years which were good but were getting pricey and in 2015 we really wanted a new Vitara as a second car but they were a couple of months away so gave in to the missus and got a Mini Paceman Cooper S All4, nice enough car but appalling ride quality. In 2017 the need for rear doors meant the Paceman was swapped for a Countryman Cooper S All4. Disappointingly the ride quality was just as bad, the rear suspension in particular was very harsh and noisy, much worse than a fwd version. The sat-nav was frustrating to use and the engine used more oil than petrol, apparently 1 ltr per 1k miles is acceptable for this engine according to BMW!

We also have a 2013 Swift and a 2014 V-Strom 1000 for anyone into bikes, in fact I've had many Suzuki bikes since the 70's

Anyway back to the Vitara, we liked the car, the dealer and in particular the salesman, nothing was too much trouble, they had exactly what we wanted in stock so bought it and then found out there was 4k off the list price - brilliant! We had them fit a rear tailgate spoiler, some decent mats and the flappy rubber mud flaps, the same flaps that were fitted to our Swift 7 years ago which have done a good job. I was tempted to fit them myself as I have seen some poorly fitted ones but after I mentioned I have chronic ocd I'm pleased to report they did a good job.

The ride quality is very good especially after the Mini's and I love how simple and old fashioned it is, I don't mean that in a derogatory way its just not trying to be something its not. If I'm going to be critical then the facelift rear lamps are hideous, the jury is still out on the infotainment/nav system (not used it enough yet) and I wish there was a digital speedo option in the instrument cluster menu.

We are looking forward to using it when the present restrictions are removed  Smile

K1K

Back to top Go down

Yorkshire Allgrip Empty Re: Yorkshire Allgrip

Post by K1K on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Not sure where the picture went, I'll have another go scratch

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by K1K on Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Yorkshire Allgrip 19_1_210

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Another nice one from Luscombes I think, judging by the Spa showroom in the background.
Great value.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by suladna on Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 pm

I hope you'll be as pleased as I have been. Bought a bog-basic SZ4 in 2015 and have still got it. Not a single problem in four and a Half years. Chuckable handling from a great chassis and lightweight body. It's so good you don't notice the cheap interior. Thoroughly old-school. At 6,000 rpm you think you have discovered something others have missed. Don't do it very often as I am getting a bit old.

suladna

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusteve on Sun May 03, 2020 3:45 pm

very nice, the rear lights on the new model are not my cup of tea.. mine is the 2017 s model and i have had it two years now, and still love to drive it..
lotusteve
lotusteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Good looking Vitara, is it the 1,0 or the 1,4? Very Happy

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by K1K on Mon May 04, 2020 3:36 pm

Joakim wrote:Good looking Vitara, is it the 1,0 or the 1,4? Very Happy

Its a 1.4

We borrowed a 1.0 litre 2 wheel drive for a few days from Luscombes and I was pleasantly surprised with its performance, but I think this little engine is being discontinued from the range soon.

When choosing the Galactic Grey for our car we assumed it would not be very popular, its a bit dull and boring and understated, well it seems there are plenty of others that chose this colour as well, its a popular option!

I think our car has only done about 4 miles in the last couple of weeks, I even tried it in 'sport' mode when I moved it on the drive, looking forward to having a proper go one day Smile

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by billywhizz on Mon May 04, 2020 4:21 pm

I struggled with the rear lights on mine,but when I looked at the cost of buying the earlier rear lights I decided I couldn't see them when I was driving it Laughing .maybe one day when im feeling flush I might get some. I just think it spoils the whole look of the car.  trouble is at the moment its parked on the drive all day and night going nowhere , and you get too see them Crying or Very sad . never mind lockdown will be over soon hopefully. i love the colour of your new one.

billywhizz

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Mon May 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Same colour as mine. I said I wasn't fussed about colour as long as its dull (no reds yellows etc) and ended up with the same, though the top is black for some reason unlike yours.
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by K1K on Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 pm

Ours is parked facing the house so the rear lights can only offend the neighbours  Very Happy  Yes the black roof was an extra cost option, it looks nice especially on the red and there is a greeny bluey turquoisey coloured one that passes the house every day which looks smart with its black roof.

Still not been out in it so might venture out tomorrow, I've got the day off work so will give it a bit of a fettle and maybe take some pics!

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by K1K on Mon May 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Managed a proper first trip out, only about 70 miles but really enjoyed it!

Yorkshire Allgrip Fox_va10

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 18, 2020 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture resized for forum to 800px width)

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Mon May 18, 2020 7:10 pm

Looks better all grey compared to my grey/black, to my mind anyway.
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by lotusteve on Mon May 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Brilliant.. Love the plate as well.
lotusteve
lotusteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 18, 2020 11:27 pm

Great to see pictures of people getting back out and about in their Vitara's thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Thu May 21, 2020 6:23 pm

tigersaw wrote:Looks better all grey compared to my grey/black, to my mind anyway.

Just a thought, is mine black at the top because it has a sunroof?
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 21, 2020 6:54 pm

The black roof was an option as was a white roof, I need to update this bit here are the main colour options...

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t12-2015-colour-codes-uk

I don't think the sunroof was a decider on the black roof as some S and SZT models had a black roof option

One thing different with black roof models and white roof Is a plastic trim piece below the rear window where the two colours meet

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t1345-rubber-strip-under-rear-window#11011

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hutchy on Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 am

thanks for that link Karl now i know why the one i saw in the car park was a little different,as it had a black roof mine does not Wink
Hutchy
Hutchy

Back to top Go down

Post by K1K on Sun May 24, 2020 12:31 pm

tigersaw wrote:
tigersaw wrote:Looks better all grey compared to my grey/black, to my mind anyway.

Just a thought, is mine black at the top because it has a sunroof?

I have a sunroof, it was a main priority, the black roof was an option, it was a difficult decision whether to go for it or not but the fact it cost money helped decide Smile

K1K

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm

I'll take a better picture of the black roof / sunroof combo so you can see.

To my mind it doesn't look as good as a solid colour all over, and with those stupid tinted windows I cant see out the back properly either!
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down