How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto?

Go down

How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto? Empty How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto?

Post by Fin69 Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:05 pm

What are forum members experience of Mirrorlink; good/bad/don't use it/stick with Android Auto?

My current vehicles ICE is basic to say the least, for satnav I either use Sygic on my mobile or Tomtom Via 53, and for phonecalls I use a Parrot bluetooth system. Sygic have a Mirrorlink option that depending on functionality, I would prefer to keep using. However, the last vehicle I used that had a Mirrorlink option deactivated the screen as soon as you released the handbrake, which as you'll agree is pretty useless for a satnav system.

Many thanks,

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto? Empty Re: How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto?

Post by Admin Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:36 pm

My experience with mirrorlink was hit and miss and I believe it is not really supported any longer now that Car play and Android auto are installed
Android auto is very good especially Google maps on satellite view but it can be very fussy on what cables you use , I generally find the oe usb cable supplied with your phone works best

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto? Empty Re: How Does Mirrorlink Work, And What Are Its Benefits Over Android Auto?

Post by Fin69 Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Thankd you for the response.

Using the supplied phone cable,or a 'quality' cable is the general advice given on the Skoda forum I belong to as well.

I may still give Sygics Mirrorlink version a go. I recently tried to use Google Maps when traveling around Chester and I found its mapping confusing and late with prompts. I did not like the user interface with Waze, but that was on my phone, I'll give it a go once I get my new vehicle.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down