Facelift Vitara in Finland

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Hello from Finland!

Here is our new daily drive, it's a 2019 140 Boosterjet 4WD GLX+SR 6MT in Solar Yellow/Cosmic Black.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3510

I spotted this one at dealer in the summer and after some thinking decided to buy it in July. Cool  I just realised that similar configuration isn't available anymore (2020 models), 140 Boosterjet 4WD with 6MT is currently available only with Hybrid technology (at least here in Finland).

I'm happy to find this site and forum, this seems to be a nice source for information and available accessories. I have already installed some accessories: Flexible front mud flaps, coming-home LED lights, hood dampers, Brodit phone kit, interior LED bulbs and high beam LED bulbs.

In the future I'm going to upgrade engine (new software for the ECU, exhaust...) but before that I'm upgrading Hi-Fi system. I already ordered some Hi-Fi components (damn Black Friday offers) Rolling Eyes

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Woodking on Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi there Mikkeli

Welcome to the forum and nice motor you have there.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your upgrades and how you get on with them, especially the hifi components. thumbl

Woodking

Posts : 164
Join date : 2018-10-22

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Welcome to the Forum cheers
Great to hear you are finding the forum useful and look forward to seeing your upgrades

We don't have the Hybrid launched in the UK yet, any info we have has only been from the Suzuki Finland website, do you know what system it uses, full or mild Hybrid?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Woodking wrote:Hi there Mikkeli

Welcome to the forum and nice motor you have there.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your upgrades and how you get on with them, especially the hifi components. thumbl  

Thanks!

I should receive some hifi components during next week, unfortunately amplifier is coming later. Meanwhile I can route some cables and install some soundproofing material.

Admin wrote:Welcome to the Forum cheers
Great to hear you are finding the forum useful and look forward to seeing your upgrades

We don't have the Hybrid launched in the UK yet, any info we have has only been from the Suzuki Finland website, do you know what system it uses, full or mild Hybrid?

Karl

Thank you!

I don't have any additional info about Hybrid Vitara, but if I hear/see anything new I'll post here. That's a promise.

TO ALL

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3515

Updated software for the Bosch SLDA.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3514

First 1000 km, now there is little over 7000 km.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3513

Brodit phone holder for Vitara, no drilling needed.

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

Some photos of projects/mods that are already completed.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3516

Waiting for installation.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3518

Parking Light before/after.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3517

Interior Light before/after.

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:52 pm

I used Nanolex products to protect all paint and glass surfaces, this was actually my first DIY sealant project. After two day project I'm happy with the results  cyclops

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3519

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3520

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3521

Nanolex Si3D sealant
Nanolex SiFinish sealant
Nanolex Ultra Glass sealant

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Woodking on Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 pm

Lovely beading thumbl

Woodking

Posts : 164
Join date : 2018-10-22

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by LourensL on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:51 am

I❤DETAILING

I mostly use products of Gemical Guys

Every week I was the Vitara by hand with the 2 bucket system.
But also put 2 times a year a layer of Collinite 845 liquid wax on my Vitara. After I wash, clay and polish him 😉

I also have a bottle with Quick detailer and a few microfibre cloths in my car. So I can remove dirt rightaway😎

A white car must always be white....
LourensL
LourensL

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-08-07
Age : 53
Location : the Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:40 am

This is going to give you guys a heart attack....

Facelift Vitara in Finland 80304410

lol!

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by LourensL on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:46 am

Facelift Vitara in Finland Abab3510
LourensL
LourensL

Posts : 226
Join date : 2017-08-07
Age : 53
Location : the Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by JDVitara on Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:30 am

LourensL wrote:Facelift Vitara in Finland Abab3510

thumbl lol!
JDVitara
JDVitara

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : Twixt Leeds & Harrogate

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Woodking on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:33 am

That is one dirty Vitara! lol!

Woodking

Posts : 164
Join date : 2018-10-22

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Grumpy Souter on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Hi Karl,
That's how a Vitara should look after a hard days work.
Why have a 4x4 and good tyres and stay on the tarmac.
GS
PS
Have snow on the high ground up here, Should be coming your way soon.


Last edited by Grumpy Souter on Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Posts : 156
Join date : 2016-01-20
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Grumpy Souter wrote:....
PS
Have snow on the high ground up here, Should be coming your way soon.

Thanks GS, recently moved to the Shropshire/Welsh borders and had this on Saturday night....

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_2088

Unfortunately all washed away with rain by Sunday morning Sad

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:59 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Here is my winter tire set: Michelin X-Ice North 4 in 215/60/16 size.

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3523

Facelift Vitara in Finland User3522

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Nice looking rubber, a bit more aggressive than winter tyres we get here

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Grumpy Souter on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:19 pm

That's a cracking set of wheels and tyres.
I bet you could climb trees with them.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Posts : 156
Join date : 2016-01-20
Location : Scottish Borders

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Here is finally some pictures of ICE upgrade. Sound dampening material is leftover from my previous project. DSP amplifier, subwoofer and all cables are from Black Friday sale.

Match UP 7DSP amplifier
Ground Zero GZCS 10SUB subwoofer
URC.3 remote control
PP-ISO 5 cable harness
PP-AC 24 cable adapter for original Bosch head-unit
power cables, fuse box...

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1011

Amplifier is really small in size  Shocked

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1010

Subwoofer element is facing down when installed.

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1012

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by JDVitara on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:17 pm

And an anvil Rolling Eyes
Love the tyres, nice ice, well done.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Posts : 246
Join date : 2017-05-25
Location : Twixt Leeds & Harrogate

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 am

Mikkeli wrote:

Here is my winter tire set: Michelin X-Ice North 4 in 215/60/16 size.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:58 am

Admin wrote:Nice looking rubber, a bit more aggressive than winter tyres we get here

Karl

What kind of winter tyres there is available in the UK?

Grumpy Souter wrote:That's a cracking set of wheels and tyres.
I bet you could climb trees with them.
GS

Impressive set of tyres indeed, though I doubt that climbing trees part...

JDVitara wrote:And an anvil Rolling Eyes
Love the tyres, nice ice, well done.

Anvil isn't going to be a part of ICE system, at least until I figure out how it could make Vitara sound better Suspect

TO ALL

Soundproof/sound dampening material from the factory. Not much, but this is going to change.

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1015

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1017

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1016

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Woodking on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Not much soundproofing in the Vitara it seems affraid

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes in, and all back together!

Woodking

Posts : 164
Join date : 2018-10-22

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:33 am

Mikkeli wrote:
Admin wrote:Nice looking rubber, a bit more aggressive than winter tyres we get here

Karl

What kind of winter tyres there is available in the UK?


Firstly we are only allowed M&S or Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake tyres neither of which are allowed studs

Many UK drivers will not spend the money on Summer tyres until it fails the MOT let alone another set for winter use but a few do buy winter tyres
These people fall into several categories....

Unfortunately you have the budget tyre people who buy part worn tyres that have failed German TUV (yet legal in the UK) and altho it is m&s or winter rated they are cheap and usually used all year round

Then there is the owner that buys cheap Chinese winter tyres that are often no better than a quality summer tyre

The skier that has to have winter rated tyres for Europe's ski resorts

Finally the educated driver who may live somewhere remote and understands the benefits and has a second set of winter wheels & tyres to fit come November

A popular tyre locally is the Riken Snow but others I have seen are Michelin Alpin, Yokohama W Drive and Vredestein Quatrac......although the above are described as winter tyres I don't think they fall into the same category as the tyres like your Michelin X-Ice, Yokohama Ice Guard or some of the dedicated Nokian studded tyres I have seen in Iceland

I have driven rental cars with budget studded tyres that have worked extremely well so I can only imagine the premium tyres like above are even more impressive

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2292
Join date : 2015-05-03
Location : SHROPSHIRE UK

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Woodking wrote:Not much soundproofing in the Vitara it seems affraid

Looking forward to seeing how it all goes in, and all back together!

This is pretty typical amount of soundproofing for cheaper cars. Weight and cost savings, I think.

Admin wrote:
Mikkeli wrote:
Admin wrote:Nice looking rubber, a bit more aggressive than winter tyres we get here

Karl

What kind of winter tyres there is available in the UK?


Firstly we are only allowed M&S or Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake tyres neither of which are allowed studs

Many UK drivers will not spend the money on Summer tyres until it fails the MOT let alone another set for winter use but a few do buy winter tyres
These people fall into several categories....

Unfortunately you have the budget tyre people who buy part worn tyres that have failed German TUV (yet legal in the UK) and altho it is m&s or winter rated they are cheap and usually used all year round

Then there is the owner that buys cheap Chinese winter tyres that are often no better than a quality summer tyre

The skier that has to have winter rated tyres for Europe's ski resorts

Finally the educated driver who may live somewhere remote and understands the benefits and has a second set of winter wheels & tyres to fit come November

A popular tyre locally is the Riken Snow but others I have seen are Michelin Alpin, Yokohama W Drive and Vredestein Quatrac......although the above are described as winter tyres I don't think they fall into the same category as the tyres like your Michelin X-Ice, Yokohama Ice Guard or some of the dedicated Nokian studded tyres I have seen in Iceland

I have driven rental cars with budget studded tyres that have worked extremely well so I can only imagine the premium tyres like above are even more impressive

Karl

Thanks, very informative post. Luckily here in Finland studded tyres are allowed.

TO ALL

Soundproofing in progress...

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1020

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1018

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1019

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Mikkeli on Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:19 pm

Maybe in the future I'll add soundproofing to rest of the floor and doors.

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1021

Facelift Vitara in Finland Img_1022

Happy Holidays everyone!

Mikkeli

Posts : 50
Join date : 2019-12-06
Location : Finland

Back to top Go down

Facelift Vitara in Finland Empty Re: Facelift Vitara in Finland

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum