When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced?

Go down

When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced? Empty When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced?

Post by Fin69 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Evening All,

I read on another topic on here that there was a new SX4 S-Cross coming out. If this information is correct, I was wondering if anyone knew when that would be. I am looking to replace my current vehicle with a SZT* AllGrip during the summer of 2020, and am hoping the replacement would be around this time to help get a better deal.

Many thanks,

Fin

*I would really prefer an SZ5 but I don't tend to fit in vehicles with a sunroof, even though my 2003 Honda Civic SE Executive had one!

Fin69

Back to top Go down

When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced? Empty Re: When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced?

Post by Admin on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:07 pm

I have heard that S-cross are currently in short supply, this could be a possibility that a Hybrid version could be released ( a dealer did mention all models in 2020 would have Hybrid option)
The only other thing I have heard is the relaunch of the Grand Vitara model that will be a re-badged Toyota RAV4 but again only snippets a dealer has told me

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced? Empty Re: When Is the S-Cross Due to be Replaced?

Post by Fin69 on Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Many thanks for posting that, Karl.

I will start my search in earnest after the festive break and will post if I find anything of interest. Hopefully (for me) the hybrid will have a knock on effect for non hybrid versions. For the money, spec and fuel economy, my reasearch so far has indicated the Crosser cannot be beaten.

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:20 am

I am huge fan of the S-cross and and pre facelift of the Vitara ( sign recognition/blind spot monitoring/lane departure etc) I thought they were a far better spec than the Vitara.
Pre facelift the UK S-cross SZ5 compared to the Vitara SZ5 (or S) had some great features as standard such as full leather, adjustable rear seat backs, dual zone heater and the one I can't do without Heated Seats.
I am also a big fan of the facelift grille that many find ugly.
Fin have you tried an SZ5 with sunroof, i didn't find too much difference in the two front seats with height issues and only the rear could you notice the lower head lining

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:06 am

Admin wrote:... full leather, ...
Really? Isn't part of it vinyl? Even though it looks like leather.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:11 am

It was more of a description (full leather not part alcantara) rather than it has come from an animal or polyvinyl chloride if you want to be picky?
I guess if you really wanted to be awkward you could question real leather if artificial insemination has been used

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:54 am

My point is that many readers and owners of cars with "leather seats" really think it is real leather and not vinyl. Many are disappointed when they find out the truth.

Thats why I'm picky.

My father worked with leather all his life and I grew up with it. I think I know more than the average reader about leather. Despite this I have no problems with vinyl in the right places. Off course I would prefere leather also on the back of the seat. But I understand that the costs are higher and there are other disadvantages.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:47 am

I think unless it states "Genuine Leather" manufacturers are allowed to use Leather as a description and no doubt in small print there is a disclaimer of it being genuine
Like most of the world today you have to accept a majority of things and people are fake until proven otherwise

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:31 pm

Karl,

I tried the Vitara in SZ5 spec and could not find a comfortable driving position due to the drop in roof height to accommodate the sunroof. Not sure I have tried an S-Cross in that spec, but would really like it if I could fit in the SZ5 as that would mean the 1.4 over the 1.0 and a few other 'niceties' (though not essentials)!

As for the 'leather' debate, most to the German premium manufacturers, especially Mercedes, have had to go and sit on the 'Naughty Step' when it comes to what is, and what is not 'leather', especially Merc with its Artico 'man made leather'. I think it is telling that many premium manufacturers offer a 'premium leather' option for their vehicles that come with leather as standard.

Anyway, isn't all leather 'man made' as it not something that occurs naturally without human intervention!

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:11 am

Went to local Suzuki dealer over the weekend to have a 'sit and play' in a SZ5 only to be told there is a shortage of S-Crossers regardless of trim level. They didn't even have one on display. Sat in a an SZT they had for sale, and both my wife and I got a good feeling about it being the ideal vehicle for our needs. We kind of regret choosing the Octavia Scout over a Yeti, and the S-Cross feels very 'Yetish', which bodes well.

Little bit disappointed by the lack of SZT's with Allgrip coming up for sale. Of the few we have seen, they seem to hold quite a premium over the equivalent non Allgrips, understandable considering it was an £1800 option.

I'm probably looking at changing in June or July. Would I be better holding off until the plate change in September for more Allgrips to become available? Also, am I likely to get a better deal at plate change, than June/July?

I'm still debating as to whether I requre a tow bar or not; trailer for garden rubbish to the tip, tow bar bike rack. According to local dealership they do not fit them, but sent customers to a local independent for the work to be carried out, does having such work carried out affect the Suzuki warranty in any way? Do Suzukis require coding for a tow bar like VAG vehicles do? I forgot to clarify these points whilst at the dealership.

I'm still hoping to try a SZ5 before pulling the trigger on an SZT!!

Many thanks,

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Doogs on Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:37 pm

The misses has a sz5 1.6 Vitara allgrip on a 15 plate. No matter what I adjust I just cant get comfy. At the end of 2018 I was looking for a new car for myself and ended up with an sz5 s-cross allgrip 1.4s. I find the s-cross is far more comfy than the Vitara. Im 6'1 and no probs with headroom in the front on any of them although I do tend to have my seats fairly reclined rather than straightish. My son is 6'3 and doesn't have any bother in them although did 3000 miles around france last year in the s-cross with him in the back and he wasn't happy to say the least.

Doogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately it would appear that unlike the rest of the human species, when it comes to how my 183cm height is distributed, it would appear most of it goes to the waist and above.

I've had this discussion with numerous salespeople, which tends to follow the same routine;
I sit in the drivers seat, and state I cannot find a comfortable driving position due to the sunroof eating into headroom.
The salesperson then says, "How can you not fit in that vehicle, I'm taller than you and fit in there with loads of room!". They then get in to prove their point, I then get in after them and low and behold, my head is hitting the roof lining due to the sunroof.
The salesperson then responds with, "Wow, that's (your) weird."

I've had two vehicles in the past with sunroofs (1989 Rover 213 and 2003 Honda Civic) and never experienced any issues when it came to headroom.

Anyway, there is a Suzuki dealership near my parents who have a number of SZ5 S-Crosses, so hopefully I'll have a definitive answer to my 'dilemma' by the end of the month.

Best regards,

Fin

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:39 am

The problem is not the car it's the human race.
Some people have long legs and a short body, others have short legs and a long body,
But they are both the same overall height, That's why some fit and others don't.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:05 pm

Fingers crossed you fit in an SZ5, they really are a nice spec

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:55 pm

Unfortunately as I thought, Suzuki did not take my freakish upper body proportions into account when designing their sunroof. It's not even as if it is 'just' out, it's nearly 6cm(2").

On the upside, after trying various other makes and models, my wife and I both agree that the S-Cross will more than likely be our next vehicle.

On the downside (for the forum!), that means me posting loads of questions about various aspects of my potential future purchase!

Onwards and upwards. Remember the Alamo, Rodney!

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Questions about cousin S-cross are always welcome.
Looks like the S-cross current model is still with us for a while as they have just released a 48v Hybrid version, I have yet to find out any other details as to whether it has the colour dash insert, blind spot monitoring and sign recognition etc that the current Vitara has

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down