Sheriff Front Skid Plate

Go down

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Empty Sheriff Front Skid Plate

Post by sakke on Fri May 04, 2018 3:25 pm

I bought and installed myself a Sheriff front skid plate made of 2 mm steel. It protects the engine and the gearbox, but it also decreases the ground clearance which is now just 15 cm under the skid plate. (Measured on flat surface, not where the last picture is taken.) I definetely will have the Eibach Pro-Lift-Kit Lift springs 25/25mm installed in the future.

Installation was easy. At the front there are 2 bolts on each side that have to loosened, then brackets put there and bolts tightened. At the rear side one bolt on each side has to be put to a mounting piece that came with the product. The skid plate weights about 9 kg.

Hera are some photos of the installed skid plate. It has already some signs of usage because I attended to a full day SUV off road training course Very Happy

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Skid_p13

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Skid_p10

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Skid_p14

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Skid_p12

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Skid_p11
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Front Skid Plate Empty Re: Sheriff Front Skid Plate

Post by Admin on Sat May 05, 2018 8:26 am

Thanks for the detailed pictures Sakke, i have used Sheriff plates before on Grand Viara/X90/Swift 4x4 , they are well made but i did notice especially on the Swift reduced ground clearance
I will fit my Rival skid plate to my Vitara S in the next month and report back with how much clearance i lose

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sat May 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Would be nice to know how Rival skid plate fits in, so please report back, Karl!

On the Sheriff skid plate there is in the front a 1 cm gap between it and body, and that gap collected - like a plow - lots of dirt when off roading Sad Next time I will try to close that gap with Gorilla tape, and also close the air intake hole on the bumper below the license plate.
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down