Brake noise

Go down

Brake noise Empty Brake noise

Post by RichK on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Think I've mentioned this before but cannot find the posts. Anyhow since I've had my Vitara the brakes at slow speed stopping make a noise like bad or low pads. I've only done 10000 in two years but dealer on all checks and services where I've reported it they said in the first year it's bedding in now they say it's a characteristic of the Vitara Shocked  Just had second service few weeks back and they say disc and pads are fine but where the noise comes, from offside front the outside of the disc has score marks unlike the other  three. Got to the the point now of getting a local independent garage which I use to take the said brake apart and if needs be fit new pads which I really shouldn't have to on a car this age. From day one this noise has been there, and passengers comment on the noise, anyone else have grating brakes ?

RichK

Back to top Go down

Brake noise Empty Re: Brake noise

Post by hicky on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:19 pm

i get a grating noise when i break at very low speeds when i stop start in traffic.even my partner has remarked about the noise don't get in at normal braking just at low speeds in traffic.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

Must be a Vitara thing! Edging forwards in traffic I often hear the brakes 'gripping'.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by fazer600 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 pm

Same here, only done just over 6000 miles in a year old Vitara, sounds like you say RichK bad or low pads.

fazer600

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:57 pm

hicky wrote:i get a grating noise when i break at very low speeds when i stop start in traffic.even my partner has remarked about the noise don't get in at normal braking just at low speeds in traffic.

That's exactly what I get, must be a characteristic of the car then, but in the long time I've been driving I have never had it on a car before unless the pads needed changing. Still going to get them checked outside of the Suzuki dealership because of the scoring on the one disc.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down