How many miles on the standard tyres

Go down

How many miles on the standard tyres  Empty How many miles on the standard tyres

Post by Vitaraphil on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 pm

I have a 3 yr old Allgrip and its done 15,500 miles.
Tyres look good, i dont do much fast corning or sport mode use, so i am wondering how many miles do we get from the continental tyres?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

How many miles on the standard tyres  Empty Re: How many miles on the standard tyres

Post by graham04 on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Just changed mine at 15600 miles , they had reached the Continental 3mm marker and all 4 were about the same. Could have gone to 2mm but by that time they would be virtual slicks .

graham04

Back to top Go down

How many miles on the standard tyres  Empty Miles on standard tyres

Post by Alrewas on Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I have a 1.6 petrol FWD and have done 26,600 with still4mm of tread left. Have a trip to France planned in June so will change them before that.

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

How many miles on the standard tyres  Empty Re: How many miles on the standard tyres

Post by maddog66 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:26 am

I have just had my 2nd service (19000 miles) and the tyres were F 4mm R 6mm, so had the garage swap fronts to back. Should be good for another 12 months at least!
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by 2015sz5 on Sat May 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Ours has done 21000 5mm all round still from new swap front to back every 6 months always have done this otherwise rears will perish and crack before they reach 3mm

2015sz5

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun May 06, 2018 1:07 pm

After looking at the mileages you are all getting, I have to assume that the daily 200 yard trek on a rough unmade track to my garage must be taking its toll on my tyres. Still its a lot cheaper to change tyres than pay for a new tarmac surface.
                            Graham
PS I drive at a reasonably steady pace.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:03 pm

I bought some cheap winter tyres but gave them to a friend after one winter - it was costing more to change them around than they originally cost. My standard Continentals lasted about 22,000 miles and I replaced them last October for a set of Michelin Cross Climate. They are expensive but a good option. One point of concern is, should I get a puncture in the non repair zone, and Cross Climates are not available, I could be faced with having to buy a complete set of four alternatives !!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:36 am

We've just had the 1st service, 9,000+ miles, inspection report says 5mm tread left on each tyre.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:53 am

Well the good news is the tyres are wearing very evenly. I would have thought though that at 9,000 miles there should have been a little more tread left. I may be wrong, but I seem to remember new tyres have around 8mm.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 am

I always used to put my best tyres on the front of the vehicle, however when doing some research into winter/all season tyres a few years ago I read that it is always advisable to have your 'best' tyres on the rear of the car. Apparently this helps to reduce losing the back end whilst cornering in the wet, mud, snow, etc... I think the theory being that if the front end starts to slide there is more chance of sensing/feeling it through the steering wheel and visually ... ?
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcgruja on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 am

That would be correct, tyre manufacturers say better types at the rear axle

I’m sure they are right Smile

Mcgruja

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down