Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)

Go down

Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Empty Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)

Post by Hijlko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:07 am

I live in the Netherlands (so I'm sorry for 'language' errors in this text) and I have a 2016 Vitara 1.4S Turbo with automatic gear.
Unfortunately the multimedia/infotainment system in the Vitara in the Netherlands has no DAB+. Because I wanted to have the possibility to listen to digital radio, I bought a FIAMM SM21 DAB+ adapter. This adapter supports AVCRP 1.5 and A2DP and can stream music by Bluetooth connection or by AUX cable connection. In the Netherlands there is no AUX-in in the Vitara, although there is a white connector for it on the backside of the infotainment system. I have already ordered, received and installed the proper AUX-in connector from AliExpress so now I do have an aux-in. The FIAMM SM21 adapter works great when connected to AUX-in and I can control the list of radiostations with my smartphone (app: Universal Remote Antenna (Fiamm)).

I prefer streaming the FIAMM 21 by bluetooth connection because of the possibility to control it with the buttons on my steeering wheel and that is where is goes wrong.
As long as ONLY the the FIAMM SM21 adapter is listed in the paired bluetooth devices on the infotainment system and NO SMARTPHONE is paired, than streaming music works and also the buttons on the steering wheel work. On the main screen of the infotainmentsystem, the radiostation is shown in the upper left panel. In the upper right panel (usually where you see the connected Phone) the name of the DAB+ adapter is shown as if it is also connected as a Phone. That is not correct. In the bluetooth devicelist there is an icon of a speaker in front of the name of the paired DAB+ adapter so it is paired as a mediaplayer. When a smartphone is connected the icon is different (Phone).
As soon as the DAB+ connecter is paired AND a smartphone is paired, streaming music is not possible anymore.

Does anyone have a solution for this or does anyone have similar experiences?

In the manual is says that ONLY 1 PHONE can be connected at the same time but there is nothing written about the simultanious connection of a Phone AND a mediadevice AT THE SAME TIME. It looks like a bug in the bluetooth section of the infotainment sustem.
Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  SM21_as_Phone
Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Pairing_SM21
Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Pairing_SM21_And_Xperia_Z5

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Empty Re: Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)

Post by STDI on Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm

I have no solution for you. But I would like to know what you bought from Aliexpress. "AUX-in connector from AliExpress". Please give me a link.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Empty Re: Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)

Post by Hijlko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 pm

[url]https://suzukivitara201.forum2go.nl/aux-t412.html[\url]
Check this page and you will find pictures and url's for the connectors. In the settings of the infotainment you have to activate aux(checkbox).
You can also go to aliespress.com and search for aux suzuki and you will find what you are looking for. On the back side of the system you connect the white plug into the white connector. You can choose a cable with male or female 3,5mm jack, just what you prefer.

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 pm

I can't use your link. But I guess you mean something like this: AUX

There are two white connetcors at the back of the unit. But one is empty. It must be that one.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:08 pm

That is correct. The empty white connector.
https://suzukivitara201.forum2go.nl/aux-t412.html
The link probably didn't work because of the wrong url start/stop code in front or at the end of it.

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks.
You need to log in to follow your link.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Ok, guess I'm auto logged in

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:38 pm

Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  Achter11
Stream media device by Bluetooth (A2DP)  68747411

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks.
Good luck with your problem.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:57 am

I think you really need someone at Bosch to either confirm the capability of their Bluetooth stack and confirm if they have any plans to.modify it. However, at a guess,
(and it is a pure guess), I suspect that the limit of a single device being able to connect to the unit could be by design in the name of safety and limiting driver distractions.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm slightly confused why you have no DAB on your Bosch system ??? As it's the same unit fitted into UK vitara's isn't it ???
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:54 pm

I beleive the system in the UK is the only one with DAB. In every other country there is no DAB. Only a special edition, I beleive "Experience" that was not available in 2015/2016, has DAB.

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:01 pm

@plunet: this has nothing to do with safety options. Controling a mediaplayer is posible with the buttons on the steering wheel. Less dangerous than using an app in Android Auto. And ask yourself: why is the option to play music available (bluetooth) while it's not possible to use it when your phone is connected to handle your calls handsfree.

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Yorkshire pud wrote:I'm slightly confused why you have no DAB on your Bosch system ??? As it's the same unit fitted into UK vitara's isn't it ???
No DAB in the Swedish cars either. Even though the units look the same.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by sspearl on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:44 pm

No DAB in my 2016 Australian Vitara either  
sspearl
sspearl

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Well I think it's just weird of suzuki to chop and change bits for different countries.
I wonder if the dab tuner is present in your cars but disabled via the software that runs it all.
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by jrg999 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:20 pm

Hijlko, as a last resort, you can install the latest firmware available

jrg999

Back to top Go down

Post by Hijlko on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:25 pm

It already has the latest firmware 1850.2 (I posted a link for it on a Dutch forum myself)
I contacted Bosch yesterday and wait for their reply.

Hijlko

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:56 pm

The earlier Garmin nav in the S Cross had both DAB and Non DAB versions, externally identical other than no DAB antenna plug on the rear

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Yorkshire pud wrote:Well I think it's just weird of suzuki to chop and change bits for different countries.
I wonder if the dab tuner is present in your cars but disabled via the software that runs it all.
Well, in Sweden almost all cars have electrically heated seats. You don't in UK. There are lots of differences between countries.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Yep that's true! It just doesn't make sense why....
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down