Body work check

Go down

Body work check Empty Body work check

Post by RichK on Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:41 am

My car is in for it's second service. Noticed that they put the above check on the service sheet last year but didn't stamp the book. Asked the girl on reception if they could stamp it and she tells me they don't do the checks now unless I ask for its and its an extra £80. Absolutley gobsmacked as I said if it's not checked the if there was a corrosion claim I've got no proof and she said no. I've had new cars before (not Suzuki) and always checked and stamped after the service.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Body work check Empty Re: Body work check

Post by Grumpy Souter on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 am

My S had it's 2nd service last October and the annual bodywork inspection was carried out and the Inspection Record Book was stamped.
I dont know if I was charged extra for this but the total cost of the service was £246.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Official line from Suzuki UK via email is they do a visual check on the service but to maintain the bodywork inspection record it's up to the dealer what they charge as to stamp the book it's a time intensified check/report. My local..ish dealer manager said we have never stamped the books unless you request the bodywork inspection which would be another £80 on top of the £218 for 2nd service, but then he said he has never had to put a warranty claim for corrosion through to Suzuki. Bit baffled now as on other new cars it was always checked and stamped as part of the annual service.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down