Vitara S from Finland

Go down

Vitara S from Finland Empty Vitara S from Finland

Post by sakke on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Greetings from Helsinki, Finland.

I bought my Suzuki Vitara 1.4 Boosterjet 4WD S 6AT MY2017 on January 2017; ordered it on August 2016 Very Happy

I have done more decorations and tuning inside but those pictures I will post later. Outside I have installed those original Suzuki large side body mouldings, painted brake calibers red, put red rubber wheel rim protectors, painted the chrome color part of fender garnish red, installed hard mudflaps from AliExpress front and rear and put a original Suzuki stainless steel exhaust muffler extender.

Latest installation was hood dampers. They are great - it's a joy to open and close the hood Very Happy

Steel skid plate for engine bay and transmission is waiting to be installed. I will do it when snow is gone and temperatures are more like spring time than winter... And I have to order the steel skid plate for differential, and install it at the same time.

Now I'm waiting my latest AliExpress purchase - a all black Vitara S style front grill. If someone has good hints how uninstall and then install the Suzuki logo with radar from the front grill that would be much appreciated.

This picture was taken summer 2017 in Liepaja, Latvia when I made a Estonia - Latvia trip, 2514 kms.

EDITED 1.4.2018 (but no April Fool joke): After further investigation I believe that the exhaust muffler extender is NOT original Suzuki part. It was listed on Autohaus Fürst web shop under section GENUINE-SUZUKI-Accessories, but on the item description it was just mentioned "High quality and specifically for the SUZUKI VITARA". Also the item number was less complicated than those usually find on original Suzuki parts. Therefore I removed "original Suzuki" from the text.

Vitara S from Finland Vitara10

Last edited by sakke on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Vitara S from Finland Empty Re: Vitara S from Finland

Post by JDVitara on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Great upgrades, where did you get the hood dampers from???
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:43 pm

sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziga Vitara on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm

Looks great, I like your exterior modifications, red blends well with silver and black.

Now I'm waiting my latest AliExpress purchase - a all black Vitara S style front grill. If someone has good hints how uninstall and then install the Suzuki logo with radar from the front grill that would be much appreciated.

I don't own Vitara S but I ordered the original S grille from Suzuki and then had it wrapped in black. Then the dealer removed the old one and put on the new one it in a matter of two minutes, logo included. Because the radar isn't in the actual logo but behind it so you don't remove the radar, just the logo.

Also, please post some pics of your exhaust extender, I didn't know there exists a genuine Suzuki extender for Vitara, so I ordered mine (non-genuine) from Ebay.
Ziga Vitara
Ziga Vitara

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:30 pm

I checked the bill of the exhaust extender and the sellers page (Autohaus Fürst), and it might actually be the case that it is not a genuine Suzuki part. The part number is simplier than on normal Suzuki parts.

Seller says ”High quality and specifically for the SUZUKI VITARA”; no mention about genuine Suzuki parts other than it is under the section Genuine Suzuki Accessories...

And I paid 90 euros for that  Embarassed  Well, it is of high quality and quite heavy, and now the price is 110 euros!
https://autofuerst-shop.de/genuine-suzuki-accessories/SUZUKI-VITARA/exhaust-deflector-made-of-stainless-steel-for-the-suzuki-vitara.html
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:00 am

The logo is fixed with 3 clips. the logo can be easily removed when the grill is removed.

In this topic you can read how to remove the grill.

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t645-pathetic-horn#5664.

P.s. I really liked the red accents, I also have some red accents and A black grill:
Vitara S from Finland B_W_rood_2

Vitara S from Finland 20171014_144036-03
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:11 am

Your black and white themed car with red touches looks really great!

I have never before seen black S-logo. That too is nice.

Thank you for tips about removing the grille. This forum is avesome - so many have given me friendly advices!
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:40 pm

I too, have never seen the black S-logo on the front of the grille. Is this an option that can be ordered and fitted?  Thanks.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:57 pm

The black s logo is the big S from my old grill. I wrapped it black en put it on my new grill.

The logo on the back I also wrapped Black

Vitara S from Finland Comfor10
Vitara S from Finland 20170910
Vitara S from Finland Vitara10
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:01 pm

LourensL wrote:The black s logo is the big S from my old grill. I wrapped it black en put it on my new grill.

The logo on the back I also wrapped Black

Oh okay, thanks. It really does look good.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 am

I ordered a all black S type grille from AliExpress, installed it, but didn't quite like it. The former chrome parts were now shiny black, like piano black, and that bothered me. So I ended up using the original grille after painting the chrome parts to red - and now I like it:D

Vitara S from Finland Vitara12

That picture was taken last Saturday on a all day SUV offroad driving training event; other participants were driving BMW X3 35d auto, M-B GLK 350 CDI auto, Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi manual, Subaru Forester 2.0 petrol manual - and a last generation Jeep Grand Cherokee with off road tyres lol! I try to tell about my impressions on Vitara off roading later.

PS. I installed Sheriff underbody steel plate protecting the engine and gearbox. After that the ground clearance is only 15 cm.
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed May 02, 2018 3:34 pm

A few members have experimented withblack grills, some like it and others dont
Do you have a picture of your Sherif skid plate fitted?
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Wed May 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures on my installed Sherif skid plate. I installed it on the evening of a very long day and was too tired to take pictures.

I will drive my Vitara on ramps some day when it doesn’t rain, and take pictures.

I think other grille versions look great on black but the grille on S version didn’t please my eyes on black. Well, perhaps it was after all my subconscious wish to have red accents on grille Very Happy
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Fri May 04, 2018 3:42 pm

I posted some photos of the Sheriff skid plate to Aftermarket Accessories group, and also to same group few photos of the hood dampers I bought from Pneumatic, an Estonian company.
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down