DAZZLING L.E.D. DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, (AT NIGHT).

Go down

DAZZLING L.E.D. DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, (AT NIGHT). Empty DAZZLING L.E.D. DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS, (AT NIGHT).

Post by Twosheds on Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Hello all.
          Am I the only one who thinks the daytime l.e.d. running lights on my Vitara1.4s are too bright at night when running with only sidelights on or parked up with the engine running, again on sidelights.

I have been awaiting a lift from my wife and as she has approached in town with only side lights and running lights on, the running lights are so bright and the light so scattered that it is almost impossible to see beyond our oncoming car. If a pedestrian was to step out from the rear into the road they would be masked by the light and may not be seen by a vehicle going in the opposite direction. I have noticed the same problem as I have walked toward the parked car at night with sidelights on and the engine running.

Once headlamps are switched on the daytime running lights go out and as the dipped headlamps are, (now), correctly adjusted and the beam is focussed down they do not present the same problem. However as it is illegal to be stationary with headlamps on, (except in temporary traffic holdups or queues), there are times when we all want to be stationary, or parked, with the ignition on with only sidelights showing, or indeed travel in well lit town centres on sidelights.

Whatever happened to the good idea of dimmed dip headlamps from the seventies around town?..........we need to be seen, but do not really need to see with headlamps in most town centres. All these headlamps nowadays just make it difficult to see beyond the constant glare of light.

To overcome this road safety issue, has anyone found a method to reduce the brightness of the standard daytime l.e.d. running lights by say 30% when the sidelights are switched on or even all the time as I am sure even in daytime this percentage reduction would still be OK.

Twosheds

Back to top Go down