Noisy Brakes

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Noisy Brakes - Page 4 Empty Re: Noisy Brakes

Post by JSF on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:47 am

Is there an official suzuki customer service center that can officially answer to me (mail, or e-mail) what is the solution to the noise brake problem? I could show this to my Suzuki "dealers" service. Maybe noise brake will not be NORMAL then Wink
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:39 pm

I used this for my contact with Suzuki and they've been pretty good so far, not the quickest but still helpful.

CustomerServices AT Suzuki DOT co DOT uk

Obviously all one word and remove the AT and DOT's and use the cottect symbols. (Not sure if we are allowed to post links)

Please let us know how you get on as it'll help all of us with noisy brakes. thumbl

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 pm

Ok. Thanks!
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:15 pm

My rear pads were replaced at last service but as winter has progressed reversing produces the grating noises again. Not sure if it's front or back or both, irritating but they pull up OK.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Wed May 01, 2019 3:40 pm

New front disks and pads arrived today so I'll give it a go and try to fit them tomorrow.

Noisy Brakes - Page 4 20190511

Pads are Suzuki Part No. 55810-61M02-000 and disks are 55311-61M00 and I got some extra disk screw fixings in case I wreck any getting the disks orf Laughing

You get 3 sheets of paper instructions and a little sachet of pad grease so thats helpful of Suzuki.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Wed May 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Woodking wrote:New front disks and pads arrived today so I'll give it a go and try to fit them tomorrow.

Pads are Suzuki Part No. 55810-61M02-000 and disks are 55311-61M00 and I got some extra disk screw fixings in case I wreck any getting the disks orf Laughing

You get 3 sheets of paper instructions and a little sachet of pad grease so thats helpful of Suzuki.

Have you bought these yourself, or have Suzuki provided them FOC ?

If i was paying for new brake Disks & Pads myself , I think i would try an alternate Brand ( eg Mintex, EBC, etc, etc.. ). The rear OEM items have really not impressed me so far, shockingly bad if truth be told.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu May 02, 2019 1:58 am

My Niece had tyres fitted to her S-Cross earlier in the month at HiQ tyres who obviously saw a young woman with a child seat on board and kindly tried to advise her that her brakes front and rear were in serious need of replacement and would do the work for £700inc labour  affraid

Her S-Cross has done 30,000miles and yes there was some wear on the front pads/discs but nowhere near the wear indicators but for peace of mind I would price the parts up for her

I found on Ebay Blue Print (Which I have used for many years) Front Pads/Discs and Rear Pads/Discs £150 delivered

Noisy Brakes - Page 4 S-cros10

The above have since been fitted and she is now happy that the brakes are as new as well as saving £550

Hopefully this may help some of you....

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t1262-brake-pad-disc-specifications#10167

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Thu May 02, 2019 3:20 pm

I bought them myself as Suzuki Customer Care wouldn't cover the cost to send them to me in the post and I no longer have any faith in my local dealership doing a proper job, they truly are useless.

I got fed up of telling passengers that the brakes were actually ok and the noise was getting gradually worse especially with the windows open now its getting warmer. I could feel the brakes grinding through the steering wheel it was getting that bad.

Anyhow I fitted the new disks and pads today and it took me 4 hours all in including cleaning and polishing the wheels and cleaning the inside of the wheel arches. Not a difficult job if you take it slowly and follow the instructions step by step, I found the most difficult part putting the new pads into the carrier, it can be a bit tricky but easier when you realise where the spring part is meant to go (a cut out section on the front face of the pad facing the disk).

Noisy Brakes - Page 4 20190512

The pads have a spring clip that pushes the pads off the disk when the brakes are released, I guess thats to stop any noise and wear. I cleaned the carrier fully with brake cleaner and used the supplied lubricant where shown and the pads moved in and out freely. I had to push the pads in onto the disk when fitting the caliper back on as they kept springing back out (as they are meant to) and used a torque wrench to tighten the bolts. I had a brake rewind tool leftover from when I replaced the brakes on a MINI I used to own and this easily pushed the piston back in so I was able to fit it all back together.

All in all, not a bad job to do if you take it slowly and carefully, (I'm not a mechanic by any means) but doable if you have the tools and follow the instructions. The car is totally different now, I've done a few trips out and its like a new car - no grinding noises at all and you can't feel it through the steering wheel - excellent!

The reason why I went OEM was the car is still under warranty until the end of the year so I didn't want any complications if anything goes wrong and the chap who supplied the parts assured me they addresed the grinding noises and it seems like they do. The proof of the pudding will be when the wife takes it out to do the shopping and gives me her "feedback" Laughing

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Fri May 03, 2019 12:51 pm

I stripped/ cleaned/ inspected and re-assembled the front brake pads on my MX-5 yesterday, just to take a closer look at their condition, just about to pop out and do the Rear's before the rain arrives this afternoon, I haven't had the car long and this is the 2nd to last of my jobs on it, for the time being.
The brakes on this little car ( 12 years old and 90K on the clock are completely silent and really very good).

My 16 month old Vitara with 15600 miles on the clock sounds like something from the Flintstones, especially in reverse.
They actually stop the car OK, however the noise levels they generate are quite bad.

I hope your new brakes work out, and it will be interesting to hear your feedback in a few months/Thousands of miles once they have bedded in.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Fri May 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks kwikphix328 and I know just how you feel about the Vitara brake noise, and so pleased with the new brakes and the silence Very Happy :

The wife took the car out last night and can't believe how much difference it has made, she is happy to drive it all the time now instead of me - so thats a bonus.

The old disks were very rusty for a car that has only done 13k miles (less than 3 years old) and were worn about 1mm to 2mm down with a lip around the outer edge - as if the old pads were too rough or contained too much metal content perhaps. We also have a 7 year old Audi and its still on the first set of brakes from new with over 50% left and no visible rust or wear lip. There may have been something wrong with the Vitara's first set and it will be interesting to see how these perform over time now they have been superceded. I actually found myself overbraking when out driving today as they seem to have a lot more bite than the old ones and getting better with usage and bedding in.

Pic of the old disk for you to see how they were.

Noisy Brakes - Page 4 20190513

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4