Noisy Brakes

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Noisy Brakes - Page 3 Empty Re: Noisy Brakes

Post by Petrust on Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:22 am

Took my 1.4S into Hendy Suzuki in Crawley this morning. My car had its 3 year service there last month, and prior to this I had informed them about the intermittent "groaning" from the rear pads which I have experienced almost since day one, and drew their attention to the remedy described in Bulletin BE-Q-057. They didnt have time to change the pads at the time of the service, so the job was booked in for today. On arrival I was told the work could not be carried out under warranty since brake pad faults would only be addressed in the first year of the vehicle's life! When asked how much they would charge me they said £185.
I said foxtrot oscar (or something like that), and told them I would get it done elsewhere....................

I have heard before that Suzuki can be difficult with warranty issues; it seems the rumours are correct.

Gar, do you have a note of the part no. of the modified rear pads please?
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

Suzuki are brilliant with warranty, I don’t know why they’re refusing as its free money for the dealer. The replacement rear brake pad number is - 55800-61M02.

The end number of 2 refers to how many modifications the part has gone through.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:04 am

Send me over your reg or vin number. I can have a better look into for you.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:27 am

PM sent with the details, thanks Gar
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:31 pm

In first service (2k km) I complained about the front noise brakes.

The suzuki master explained that this is NORMAL and he knows nothing about pads modified by Suzuki from the original factory. Sad
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:22 pm

You’re all going to the wrong places if they don’t know about this.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

We have only one official Suzuki dealers in our country :-(
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:19 pm

My local dealership said the same, and refused to help. I contacted Suzuki Customer Services and I'm not the only one to complain about this and they would look into it for me, and have been in contact a few times to see if its still there and it is but they haven't offered up a fix to date.

Sims Suzuki show the pads with a revised part number available to buy online and they mention they were revised due to brake noise, but I'm worried if I do get them and the same noise is there I've wasted over £90 plus my time fitting them.

I'll replace the pads and disks when it gets a bit warmer out there - they'll do for now but unless the revised pads are definately quieter I may fit another make. If I take passengers in the car, slowing down from 20mph I often get asked if there is something wrong with the brakes, and its getting a bit tedious now!

To be fair to Suzuki they did replace the rear pads although its the front that have always been the issue for my Vitara.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:42 am

I am getting my rear pads replaced tomorrow, the dealer didnt argue at all when I said there is a bulletin from Suzuki about this. It went through a phase of being quite 'moany' when reversing out of my drive and since its been book in - nothing of course :-)

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 am

Seems to me it's a bit of a lottery when using Suzuki dealers; from posts seen on this forum many are perfectly satisfactory, whereas the two geographically nearest to me leave much to be desired  Sad
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:05 pm

Perhaps we should set up a list of recommended knowledgeable dealers.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Southend Suzuki - 59 Prince Avenue
Southend on Sea SS2 6RL

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm

whytecat I told southend Suzuki about this on my first service.they said that it had been corrected by rubbing down the discs lasted one week now it is even worse get strange looks when reversing slowly now.3rd service and mot coming up in the next couple of months see what they say this time.????

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytecat on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 pm

I think its a case of strike while the bulletins hot Hicky - just say you saw it on ‘the’ forum

Whytecat

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:58 pm

will do as I am to keep this car where I normally change every 3yrs . I am in a situation regarding finance I cannot change.it cannot be faulted up until now other than the squealing pig reversing.lol

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:38 pm

My brakes home made a grating noise when slowing in traffic etc from new, pointed it out three times to the dealer and they just throw back at me it is normal for this car. Mind you this is the same dealer that wanted another £80 think it was on top of the service price to do the bodywork visual check.
In again on Monday for my wind noise so will mention the brakes again but don't hold out much hope as car will be three in April, they have also left me a message on my phone to pop in the showroom on my visit for some important offer news:roll: prob going to try and talk me into changing the car.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:17 pm

I disagree that grating noise from braking at slow speeds should be considered normal.

I've had many others cars, from manufacturers Audi BMW Toyota VW and Suzuki and not one of them had this issue before, and I'm suprised Suzuki don't address it as they have an excellent reputation. It has nothing to do with it being AllGrip/4x4 or going throug water - its a defect of the pads production/components.

It is not a normal effect for any car, IMHO, there is a defect in these pads and although Suzuki have dealt with the rears via a Service Bulletin, they need to do the same for the fronts.

Doing a few emergency stops when safe to do so does stop it happening for a short time but it does return, similar to having the pads sanding down as previously mentioned.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:11 pm

very true woodking.might call in dealers before warranty runs out see what they say.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:50 pm

I drive quite a few Suzuki's both mine and family/friends.....some older models some current
I may be totally wrong but what I have noticed with the current model Vitara (made in Hungary European sourced brakes), Swift, Ignis (both Japanese sourced brakes) is that the models I have driven as well as having the "noise" is that they all have Suzuki Radar Brake Support (RBS)
Now my niece has a pre facelift S-Cross SZ-T (Hungarian build no RBS) and the brakes are noise free?
Do any members drive a Vitara model without RBS that could report if they have noisy brakes or not?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Harajack on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm

My SZ4 has had noisy brakes from new - it's six months old. Groaning noise from rear and a scraping noise from front. Wheels are running free enough ie brakes not binding.

It isn't fitted with RBS, if that's any help?

Harajack

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:31 pm

I have a szt and from day one it hathe dealer said they will scrape the backs lasted a week and back it came .it had scraping noises on front brakes and squealing noises reversing slowly on back brakes.it is a 16 model.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:33 pm

don't know what went on there lol . but you get my drift had these noises since I have had the car.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:25 pm

You may be onto a point with the Radar Braking System Karl, I wonder if Suzuki's logic is that the pads grind on purpose - to give driver feedback when the braking system activates and warns of an impending collision?

Mines gone off randomly when there are leaves blowing about and it activates the brakes, I certainly feel the grinding through the steering wheel before I see the flashing red alert on the dash.

Or, it could be that there WAS a manufacturing issue that has now been addressed with the revised pads, and Suzuki will just let it sort itself out when owners have them replaced next service as its a consumable item - problem solved?

Also, maybe Suzuki decided the rears should be changed asap as its vital that the handbrake is securing the car properly and they were replaced under warranty - rear normally longer lifespan than the fronts.

Either way, it does take a bit of the enjoyment from driving an otherwise lovely vehicle and needs a fix, perhaps I'll be a Guinea Pig and see if the revised pads DO fix the grinding or try another make - but when its gets a bit warmer out there first!

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 pm

J&J Bridgend replaced my rear pads last year and the noise has never returned . Can't understand why some dealers won't do it. Do Suzuki have travelling rep's these days. They used to have them, I got a new bike sorted out after speaking to one.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:27 pm

i was driving through slow city traffic the other day. took my eye off the road in front for a second or so (cocking about with my sat nav, radio or similar... ) and the radar braking kicked in to save my bacon, i reckon i would have had it covered but i was still pretty impressed...
until the nagger shouted at me to stop messing with the tech whilst driving...
(hangs head in shame... Embarassed  )
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next