Noisy Brakes

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Noisy Brakes - Page 2 Empty Re: Noisy Brakes

Post by kwikphix328 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:57 am

Had a drive with the dealer QC guy. He confirmed that my brakes are unusually noisy especially noticeable when slowing down from speed (70mph ) on a brand new, smooth piece of dual carriageway, and that the new service bulletin brake pads did not fix my original fault.
Car booked in for further investigation.

kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:18 am

Car inspected again by the original supply dealer.
Confirmed ( what i already knew last March), the rear discs are corroded which is causing the noise.

Now awaiting approval from Suzuki technical UK for a warranty repair.

What caused all of this...
I parked my car in an airport car park and went on holiday for 2 weeks with 6825 miles on the clock, car used pretty much every day up to that point.

Hopefully Suzuki will do the decent thing

kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:39 pm

have noticed as car has got older horrible whine when reversing slowly backwards noise does not occur.wonder if its got bedded in better.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:46 am

car now booked in to have the rear discs replaced under warranty.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:44 am

Rear Dics replaced under warranty. noisy brakes now quiet/normal again.
It's only taken 5 months to fix...

UPDATE:
06 Oct2018.
Parked car up for 4 weeks in Airport car park whilst i went away to do a course. No problems on the 18 mile drive home so a complete fix. took pads & disc replacement to do it though.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:47 am

Mine is going in to the local Suzuki Dealership on Friday as I've raised it as a concern with them. The rears squeal when I reverse slowly, and the fronts sound like they grind and you can feel it through the steering wheel when slowing from about 10mph to stop.

I'll report back with what they do/change and how it gets on. Hopefully they replace the disks and pads with the updated ones straight away without having to do a revisit.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:34 am

Admin wrote:There is a modified rear brake pad set/bulletin that eliminates most of the rear brake noise issues , mention it to your dealer and get them to replace the rear pads
Karl
Hello,
is the set/bulletin number, description or another information?
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:14 am

I have the bulletin info at home and will post details as soon as possible
Dealers do have access to all service bulletins but unfortunately few are intelligent enough or even interested in the product to view what is available to them therefore being able to give a customer an informed answer rather than just fob them off

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JSF on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 am

Thanks, Karl
JSF
JSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNWlgoVyMs

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:00 pm

have noticed that going slowly back the whine is back.it went away for quite a time and I thought it was because the brakes had bedded in but alas no.also still got horrible gravel sound when braking slowly will have a word on next service.which will include mot.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:26 pm

JSF wrote:
Hello,
is the set/bulletin number, description or another information?

Admin wrote:Issue No: BE-Q-G-057
Issue Date: October 2017

Subject: Change of Rear Brake pad

Applicable Model: S-Cross (AKK310/414/416/416D)
Vitara (APK414/416/416D)

This bulletin is to inform you of modified rear brake pad for a specific noise.

CONDITION AND CAUSE
After the vehicle has been left parked for several hours at low temperature and a high humidity
condition, when starting (pulling away) from stand still or during light braking a groaning noise from
the rear brake can occur.
Note, the groan noise is different from a squeal - low frequency noise between 500-600 Hz.
If the rear brake pad contacts the brake disc at low temperature and a high humidity condition, as the
friction of brake pad becomes unstable, it could cause rear suspension resonance phenomena
originated from rear brake vibration.

CORRECTION
Change pad friction material to improve anti-noise performance by better friction stability at low
temperature and high humidity condition.

COUNTERMEASURE FOR PRODUCTION
Effective VIN and date:
TSMJYAA2S00557341~ July 31, 2017
TSMLYE21S00401115~ July 31, 2017.

FIELD CORRECTION
If you have a customer complaint of the problem mentioned above, please replace the brake pad set
to the countermeasure part according to Service Manual.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:35 pm

NOISY FRONT BRAKES?

I have not seen a Bulletin regarding this but I have seen this advertised...…

This is a listing for: 1X GENUINE SUZUKI Front Brake Pads Set Set of 4 PROFESSIONALLY BOXED PART NUMBER - 55810-61M01 These pads have been modified by Suzuki from the original factory ones due to braking noise. These are the up to date, superseded ones. To Fit: Suzuki Vitara 2015 Onwards

GENUINE VITARA PADS CLICK HERE

There is i am told by a reliable source also a further superseded part#  55810-61M02

Will post more if i find out any further info

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:25 pm

My Vitara S went into the local dealership yesterday for a full service and the brake grinding to be fixed. When I went to collect the car the chap told me they'd done the service but weren't able to do the brakes as there was a Technical Bulletin and they needed to fit modified brake pads, which they didn't have in stock.

They had the non modified ones in stock though, I wonder if they were still using them on customers that hadn't complained cars?

Hopefully this will fix the grinding but I still have to go all the way there and be without the car all day.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm

My vitara is in for 2nd service next week, mentioned the bulletin posted on here and dealer asked if my brakes whined when reversing to which I replied yes they do! He's getting new pads in ready to fit during service, good for them I say.

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Admin wrote:NOISY FRONT BRAKES?

I have not seen a Bulletin regarding this but I have seen this advertised...…

This is a listing for: 1X GENUINE SUZUKI Front Brake Pads Set Set of 4 PROFESSIONALLY BOXED PART NUMBER - 55810-61M01 These pads have been modified by Suzuki from the original factory ones due to braking noise. These are the up to date, superseded ones. To Fit: Suzuki Vitara 2015 Onwards

GENUINE VITARA PADS CLICK HERE

There is i am told by a reliable source also a further superseded part#  55810-61M02

Will post more if i find out any further info

Karl

Just collected my Vitara from the local dealership, it went in today to have the front brake pads changed and the gearbox oil changed.

Quite to my suprise, (or horror) the REAR brake pads have been changed, and the gearbox oil hasn't been changed as they couldn't find anything about it on their 'system'.

Guess what, the grinding from the front brakes is still there exactly the same as before and the gear change from 1st to 2nd is exactly the same.

Sigh.

Karl, are these 55810-61M02 still the updated pads as I need a set of those fitted now and going to have to do them myself or get another garage to do it?

Oil also going to be ordered for the gearbox and someone else can do it.

Thanks

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:50 am

If my brakes hadn't been fixed via new Disks and Pads under warranty I was going to do it myself and try a different quality brand e.g. Mintex, etc  do a set for the Vitara.

I have recently noticed that even my new disc's/pads whine whilst reversing in car parks etc, not a major problem but it does sound a bit loud & cartoon Flintstones Embarassed
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:38 am

kwikphix328 wrote:If my brakes hadn't been fixed via new Disks and Pads under warranty I was going to do it myself and try a different quality brand e.g. Mintex, etc  do a set for the Vitara.

I have recently noticed that even my new disc's/pads whine whilst reversing in car parks etc, not a major problem but it does sound a bit loud & cartoon Flintstones Embarassed

Mine doesn't do that now it has the revised rears installed, but it still grinds when slowing to a stop. I've raised a complaint with Suzuki and they are going to get back to me, either way the front disk and pads are going to be changed - was thinking of Brembo as I've had them before and they were very quiet.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:20 pm

my whining went away for awhile but now its back when reversing slowly.still got the scraping sound when braking slowly going forward.just have to put up with it till next service see what they say this time.???

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:28 am

I'd ask for the pads to be changed, there is a new part number for them and the chap selling them on eBay's description states "These pads have been modified by Suzuki from the original factory ones due to braking noise".

Last edited by Admin on Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Please use reply not quote when answering a post directly)

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:47 pm

will ask when I go for next service in new year.cheers

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Woodking wrote:
kwikphix328 wrote:If my brakes hadn't been fixed via new Disks and Pads under warranty I was going to do it myself and try a different quality brand e.g. Mintex, etc  do a set for the Vitara.

Mine doesn't do that now it has the revised rears installed, but it still grinds when slowing to a stop. I've raised a complaint with Suzuki and they are going to get back to me, either way the front disk and pads are going to be changed - was thinking of Brembo as I've had them before and they were very quiet.

I’m sure the OE brake discs are Brembo anyway. My Swift are Brembo discs as standard.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:44 am

I wonder if they've revised them from the OEM ones then, might give them a call to see if the pad noise has been addressed.

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:16 pm

I’ve never heard of front pads being revised due to noise, but I may well be wrong.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:29 pm

The noise is definately coming from the front - the rears have already been replaced. If there is a superceded part number Suzuki must have done this for a reason and it states on the eBay chap that its done for noise.

Everyone I take in the car comments on it, saying things like - "do your brakes need doing"? You can hear it outside the car as well. I'm hoping to hear back from Suzuki soon but either way they are going to be changed, and maybe the disks as well while I'm at it to make a proper job of it.

With no sensors in these pads and the wear system being 'acoustic' I wonder if there is too much of the acoustic material on the surface of the pads rather than down in the region near the backplates?

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Noisy Brakes - Page 2 Empty RE "NOISY BRAKES"......is it a real problem?

Post by Twosheds on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:09 pm

I have the Vitara S Auto with 18,000mls on. The front brakes have always made a 'scraping' noise at low (1 to 20mph), speeds but nothing at higher speed, and the brakes work perfectly otherwise. I can live with it.

I think it is just the high metallic content in the original equipment pads.

Remember this vehicle is also marketed as an off road vehicle and consequently must be capable of clearing water from the brake surface quickly, after for example going through river fords. Probably a change to another brand of pad (e.g. Ferodo or Mintex) would however eliminate the 'scraping' noise at low speed, as well as being easier on the wallet!

Twosheds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next