IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT?

Go down

IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT? Empty IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT?

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Interesting look into the additional cost and various AllGrip modes...

IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT

SPORT MODE EXPLORED  

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT? Empty Re: IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT?

Post by theforestdweller on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:48 pm

The thing I find ressuring is the fact of the vehicle being shod with summer tyres. Does anyone recognise the tread pattern?
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:59 pm

ContiEcoContact 5 as fitted to the Vitara thumbl

IS ALLGRIP WORTH IT? 2011-010

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:53 pm

I took my old S Cross All Grip to the French and Swiss Alps last February / March. I encountered very heavy snow and was staying in a chalet that had a steep climb up to the road.
The All Grip system was fantastic !! I had winter tyres fitted and the only problem that I was likely to encounter was related to ground clearance. With my new Vitara, and winter tyres I expect even better performance, but it is worth remembering you can still run into trouble and great care is needed. The other road users can slide into you, block your way, and even hit you head on. Care is needed regardless of what you drive.

A question here, I occasionally visit a place called Griesalp in the Bernese Oberland, some 6,000 ft a.s.l. There are many hairpin bends, inclines of 1 in 3, and gravelled uneven tracks with awe inspiring drops that would not have happy results if you went over. In the absence of snow, or mud, what setting would you use, Auto, Sport or Mud and Snow? I feel inclined to use the Sport mode on the basis that the 4 wheel drive is more responsive.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by jblion on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:03 pm

Difficult question to answer definitively. If you are travelling at lower speeds then lock is an option, particularly if you may be stopping frequently. This will give sure-footed traction when starting off, particularly on poor surfaces. I would probably opt for 'snow' as this setting is for poor surfaces, not just mud and snow. You could always move to 'lock' if you had to stop and wanted the extra security when moving off.

jblion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down