LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS

Go down

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Empty LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:39 am

Pictures have been posted before based on a boosterjet but here are what appear to be an SZ5 version on Swedish dealer/manufacturer registration plates....

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS 15087610

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS 15087710

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS 15087810

As reported before there is a relocated radar sensor in the lower bumper,new style alloys, central reverse light and solid red taillights.....

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS 15087910

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS 15088010

New style alloys appear to have Michelin Latitude All Season tyres........could this be the end of the awful Continentals and finally a M&S/Snowflake rated tyre?

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t846-michelin-crossclimate-215-60r16-alcar-steel-wheel

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Empty Re: LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS

Post by STDI on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:45 am

When driving in Sweden during winter time and winter weather the law says you have to have tyres specified as winter tyres. M&S/Snowflake is not enough. Michelin CrossClimate or Continental EcoContact5 are not allowed.
The tyres on the pictures a probably more something like Michelin Alpin A5.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:35 am

Assuming the rear fog lamp has been moved up into  the rear light clusters (which is where I would have thought they should have been anyway) that will be a good move, looks like the reversing lamps have swapped places with the fog and appear to be possibly splayed to both sides, certainly need to be if you use a fixed towbar.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:00 am

Does it still have a vented grill between the headlights or is it a smooth panel to 'aid fuel consumption'?
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 am

STDI wrote:When driving in Sweden during winter time and winter weather the law says you have to have tyres specified as winter tyres. M&S/Snowflake is not enough. Michelin CrossClimate or Continental EcoContact5 are not allowed.

Michelin Winter Tyre Regulations wrote:Sweden
When driving in Sweden between December 1st and March 31st it is mandatory to use winter tyres with one of the following markings: 'M&S', 'MS', 'M.S', 'M+S', 'M-s' or 'Mud and Snow'. All tyres must have a minimum tread depth of 3 mm

confused study confused

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:15 am

Admin wrote:
STDI wrote:When driving in Sweden during winter time and winter weather the law says you have to have tyres specified as winter tyres. M&S/Snowflake is not enough. Michelin CrossClimate or Continental EcoContact5 are not allowed.

When driving in Sweden between December 1st and March 31st it is mandatory to use winter tyres with one of the following markings: 'M&S', 'MS', 'M.S', 'M+S', 'M-s' or 'Mud and Snow'. All tyres must have a minimum tread depth of 3 mm

confused study confused

Karl
I know. But:
Transportstyrelsen wrote:
Vinterdäck definieras av Transportstyrelsen (TSFS 2009:19, 3§) som: "Däck särskilt framtaget för vinterkörning och som är märkt M+S, M.S., M&S, M-S, MS eller 'Mud and Snow”.
My translation:
"Vinter tyres are defined by Transportstyrelsen (TSFS 2009:19, 3§) as: "Tyres specifically developed for winter driving and are markt M+S, M.S., M&S, M-S, MS or 'Mud and Snow”.
Here is the most recent list: Winter tyres Sweden STRO. All season tyres are not developed specifically for winter driving.
And if you have a look at Michelin.se for winter tyres you don't find CrossClimate.

Why do I get "Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 1)" when trying to upload a JPG?

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 am

Just another picture of the front. Look at de White / Chrome Bazel from the DRL's looks like the go Al the way of the grillLATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Suzuki10
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:54 am

I bet the new rear lights are all led's !
Looks like the radar sensor has been moved from behind the S logo to lower front bumper like the new swift.
Can't understand why they moved the reverse light down into the fog light position ???
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:56 pm

STDI wrote:
Admin wrote:

confused study confused

Karl
I know. But:
Transportstyrelsen wrote:
Vinterdäck definieras av Transportstyrelsen (TSFS 2009:19, 3§) som: "Däck särskilt framtaget för vinterkörning och som är märkt M+S, M.S., M&S, M-S, MS eller 'Mud and Snow”.
My translation:
"Vinter tyres are defined by Transportstyrelsen (TSFS 2009:19, 3§) as: "Tyres specifically developed for winter driving and are markt M+S, M.S., M&S, M-S, MS or 'Mud and Snow”.
Here is the most recent list: Winter tyres Sweden STRO. All season tyres are not developed specifically for winter driving.
And if you have a look at Michelin.se for winter tyres you don't find CrossClimate.

Why do I get "Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 1)" when trying to upload a JPG?
The list of approved winter tyres from STRO will disappear next year. From winter 2019/2020 it will probably be ok with all tyres marked with the 3PMSF also in Sweden.
But still there of course are big differensies between good or bad winter tyres.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:23 pm

Yorkshire pud wrote:I bet the new rear lights are all led's !
Looks like the radar sensor has been moved from behind the S logo to lower front bumper like the new swift.
Can't understand why they moved the reverse light down into the fog light position ???

I agree it looks like the radar sensors been dropped down at the front, and the reversing light being placed that low down and central makes little sense to me. If that was on my Vitara the light from it would be blocked out by my towbar, similar to how it does to my foglight.

I often wondered what the Vitara designers were thinking by having just one low rear fog light, two either side of the car incorporated into the rear light clusters would make it clearer from behind and denote it was a car not a motorbike. It would also look better if it wasn't there in the bumper in my humble opinion - cleaner and more organised.

Edit, checking the picture again of the reversing light, it looks like they've put 2 lamps (or LED's) in the light so that may help light if you have a towbar in the middle.

Last edited by Woodking on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something else 'came to light'!)

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodking on Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:40 pm

LourensL wrote:Just another picture of the front. Look at de White / Chrome Bazel from the DRL's looks like the go Al the way of the grillLATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Suzuki10

I'd have preferred the DRL's to be moved to just under the main headlights, like they have on the Suzuki Ignis (and make the Vitara look even more like a Range Rover)!

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Ignis_10

Woodking

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Woodking wrote:
......checking the picture again of the reversing light, it looks like they've put 2 lamps (or LED's) in the light so that may help light if you have a towbar in the middle.

The lower clear lens on the Vitara II is a combined reverse and fog light hence the two bulbs, one being a red LED

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm

STDI wrote:...... But still there of course are big differensies between good or bad winter tyres.

I could not agree more, I have just spent a week traveling over 2000 miles in a Vitara Diesel rental car in Iceland in temperatures down to -9*c.
Although studded I had a few uncomfortable moments on the budget Sailun Ice Blazer WST3

LATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Screen10

Having driven in Iceland many times on studded tyres in everything from a Jimny to an Arctic Trucks Hilux AT38 I have never been so non confident with a tyre

Karl

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by helmievitara on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:40 pm

LourensL wrote:Just another picture of the front. Look at de White / Chrome Bazel from the DRL's looks like the go Al the way of the grillLATEST 2018/19 VITARA SPY SHOTS Suzuki10
The DLRs are almost the same size as the present ones. The section along the bottom of the fog-light is just a chrome strip!

helmievitara
helmievitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Joakim on Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

I have pics of my new 2019 vitara here on the forum, and if there is something you want to see closeups of just let me know! Smile

Joakim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down