1.4 Boosterjet mpg

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1.4 Boosterjet mpg - Page 2 Empty Re: 1.4 Boosterjet mpg

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am

STDI do you find cold weather affects your average fuel consumption?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:42 pm

Yes I do. More now with the Vitara than the two Passat Diesel I had before.
During summertime I get around 48 MPG and during winter time around 42 MPG.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:23 pm

My Auto has dropped from 47mpg to 42mpg, do you know if dealers use a different grade of oil in Sweden with colder climates?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:37 pm

5W30 is used all year round.

It's not only temperature that differs summer/winter. Different tires, rain or snow on the road ....

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:56 pm

Thanks for the info STDI
I run Yokohama G015 all year round so no change there but noticed a loss of mpg the same time as I had the Vitara serviced, so much so I questioned if the correct oil had been used so i drained the oil myself and used Castrol 5w30 which did bring it back up from 38mpg to 42mpg but not the 47mpg it had, the only other change was the lower temperatures

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony4563 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:06 pm

Well, I think I'm gonna be more than happy if my new Vitara (when it arrives, of course) gives me similar mpg to you guys with the manual 1.4 Boosterjet. My wife averages 43.9 mpg from a smaller 3 cylinder 1.0L city car, with far less power and practical space

tony4563

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:07 pm

I can only tell from the invoice I get. I've had three services and they all say 5W30 oil.

I accually also noticed loss of mpg after last service late September. I didn't think about the oil. I thought it was normal change due to wheather and other things. Another thing you (at least I) don't know whith services is that they might update ECU soft ware and that might have both positive and negative consequenses on different things. We all remember the Volkswagen diesel scandal and corrections after that.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 am

STDI wrote: Another thing you (at least I) don't know with services is that they might update ECU software and that might have both positive and negative consequences on different things.

I have exactly the same concerns as you; since my 1.4S was serviced in December my car is averaging 38/39mpg, prior to that I averaged 42mpg, with 46/47mpg achievable on a long run. OK, so cold weather may have some impact on consumption, but with oil, tyres, driving style & usage the same, I am beginning to look elsewhere for an answer.

My previous car was a V40, and Volvo received numerous complaints from owners that their vehicles were "retuned" during annual services.......
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:07 am

I have a few sources within Suzuki and no one has mentioned any ECU remaps other than the factory real world mpg last September, saying that the Ignis prior to new legislation did win best real world mpg so Suzuki could not have been too far off the mark

One thing that has changed recently across Suzuki dealers is the recommended oil, for a long time Castrol has been the recommended Suzuki Oil but they are now using Motul
Having in the past not had great experience with Motul oils on motorcycle engines I will be opting for Castrol on any future oil changes
As I mentioned in a previous post my mpg did drop after my last service and changing later to Castrol did improve it

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: