Wrong rear wheel alignment

Go down

Wrong rear wheel alignment Empty Wrong rear wheel alignment

Post by kent a on Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Is there anything else on this forum that has problems with unstable rear end on slippery roads. In Denmark, some cars are delivered with a defective rear suspension.

kent a

Back to top Go down

Wrong rear wheel alignment Empty Re: Wrong rear wheel alignment

Post by STDI on Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:06 pm

Well, I havn't noticed any problems with unstable rear end. But I do have rear wheel alignment out of specs. To much toe in. And extra wear on the outsides of the rear tyres.
At the moment I have a discussion with the dealer. I will tell you more when it's fixed.
See: http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t859-wheel-alignment-specifications#6835

What do you know about the problem in Denmark? Please tell us more.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by kent a on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:35 pm

There are many who fail wear on the rear tires. which will be changed on warranty. some have changed rear suspension. some up to 7 times without that helping.

kent a

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:59 pm

How do you know this? Is there a forum for Danish Suzuki or Vitara where you have read it? Where can I find more info?
As I wrote I'm in a discussion with the dealer and need to know as much as possible. Maybe even get in contact with someone who had the rear axle replaced.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by kent a on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:41 pm

On Facebook. suzuki vitara club denmark

kent a

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:50 am

You can read more about my story here: Replacement rear axle

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by alamontana on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:16 am

my rear tyres on the SZT are wearing out way too quick and badly on the outer tread band i have 5.5 mm inside and as low as 3.6 mm outside.
there is a rejigged rear axle available under a technical bulletin to cure this.which is going to be fitted.
suzuki have offered 50% towards the rear tyres which i find is unacceptable with a car of only 9k miles. the front tyres make the rears look like a drift car has been using them round a track. i would have accepted 75% so as not to have any more issues but £100 for tyres after 9k miles and no fault of my own sucks.
i have been associated with suzuki cars for over 20 years and this is possibly the end of the road for 100% satisfaction with the brand

alamontana

Back to top Go down

Wrong rear wheel alignment Empty fixed and satisfaction reached

Post by alamontana on Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:49 pm

alamontana wrote:my rear tyres on the SZT are wearing out way too quick and badly on the outer tread band i have 5.5 mm inside and as low as 3.6 mm outside.
there is a rejigged rear axle available under a technical bulletin to cure this.which is going to be fitted.
suzuki have offered 50% towards the rear tyres which i find is unacceptable with a car of only 9k miles. the front tyres make the rears look like a  drift car has been using them round a track. i would have accepted 75% so as not to have any more issues but £100 for tyres after 9k miles and no fault of my own sucks.
i have been associated with suzuki cars for over 20 years and this is possibly the end of the road for 100% satisfaction with the brand
the rear axle has been replaced and suzuki came good with a bit extra contribution to the tyres .the vehicle is for now problem free and i hope it remains that way if not i know a bloke who can fix it.

alamontana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down