SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE

Go down

SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE Empty SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE

Post by sebasll on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new to the VivaVitara forum. I was introduced to the forum by Karl after inquiring about his Skid Plates on another site. I'm glad I did, there seems to be a decent number of users all with excellent info to share.

My apologies in advance for the length of my post. I'm in need of some much needed advice. I will try my best to keep it brief.

I'm moving to Colombia, S.A. with my family for work. We just bought a Vitara 1.6 Petrol GLX+, which is a variant of the SZ5 for the S.A. market. We'll be living in Medellin, where it is very hilly. Unfortunately, neither the S or diesel models are offered. Nevertheless, I think we'll be happy with the 1.6 Petrol.

My biggest concern however, is the frequency of services that are required. The sales rep told me that oil changes are every 5,000km and service checks every 10,000km. Looking at the schedule posted on this forum and the brochures on the Global Suzuki After Sales page ( globalsuzuki.com/after_sales/automobile/index.html ), the schedule they gave me seems absurd. Excuse the formatting of the link, as a new member I'm not allowed to post any links for 7 days. Hope this is ok.

The dealer says that if these are not followed, DERCO the importer, could deny warranty claims. I don't want any headaches after having just moved there with my wife an 1yr old, but I also feel like this is completely unethical  Evil or Very Mad. If I can fight this ridiculous and arbitrary schedule, it would be great. However, I can't seem to find any official service schedule or contact info for Suzuki the manufacturer itself.

Does anyone have any advice, have an official copy of the service schedule from Suzuki ( not the importer ) or know how I can reach Suzuki? Preferably email, so I can get this all in writing.

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Last edited by sebasll on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : suitability)

sebasll

Back to top Go down

SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE Empty Re: SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE

Post by Gar Green on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm

This is a tough one, some times service schedules differ for county and more importantly climate,

Here in the UK both 1.6 engines, Petrol and diesel use 12,500 miles or yearly intervals whilst the 1.4T uses 9,000 intervals. I will see if I can unearth some more information for you in the next coming days.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE Empty Re: SERVICE SCHEDULE FREQUENCY. IN NEED OF ADVICE

Post by sebasll on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:17 pm

Gar Green wrote:This is a tough one, some times service schedules differ for county and more importantly climate,

Here in the UK both 1.6 engines, Petrol and diesel use 12,500 miles or yearly intervals whilst the 1.4T uses 9,000 intervals. I will see if I can unearth some more information for you in the next coming days.

It did occur to me that altitude (1,500 m (4,900 ft)) could be a factor, but climate is not that extreme (mid 20's) in Medellin. Gas is of pretty poor quality, but not sure how this would factor into Oil life and mechanical parts (struts, bolts, etc.). In any case, I can't help but think 3,000mi is a bit extreme. Even when I lived out in Colorado, U.S. where the altitude was easily higher (6,000ft) and temperatures upwards of 30 degrees, no car I had required oil changes this frequently. DERCO's schedule doesn't even account for Synthetic oil, regular or extreme driving conditions. If I could at least do the Oil part myself which is a no-brainer, but even this needs to be recorded at an authorized service centre.

In addition to the Oil, here's a link to the list of things that are required every 6,200mi. It's in Spanish, but you get the idea. drive.google.com/open?id=1IjUiB3eWyxjK778DDyFwdZT20rcrpVeP

Any information you can find would be of great help. Thank you Gar.

Last edited by sebasll on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

sebasll

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Hey Sebasll glad to see you made it to the Forum cheers

If you go to section 7 in the PDF download below there are several service schedules for Europe, Mexico and Non EU/Mexico

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t72-owners-manual-pdf-download

It seems to me that Derco are basing the schedule on Extreme Driving Conditions rather than regular service intervals

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by output on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi, here in Chile we have the same dealer for suzuki (Derco) and the service checks and oil change are every 10.000km or a year whatever comes first. Derco is famous around here for being somewhat expensive and importing stripped down versions of the cars, for example no version of the vitara comes with radar braking.

output

Back to top Go down

Post by sebasll on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Admin wrote:Hey Sebasll glad to see you made it to the Forum cheers

If you go to section 7 in the PDF download below there are several service schedules for Europe, Mexico and Non EU/Mexico

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t72-owners-manual-pdf-download

It seems to me that Derco are basing the schedule on Extreme Driving Conditions rather than regular service intervals

Karl

Hey Karl, yes I made it cheers, thanks for the invitation and for the link to the manual. This is exactly what I needed. For some reason the first time I downloaded it it wasn't loading these pages, but glad you pointed it out.

I've asked DERCO the importer for some further clarification to see where it leads me, as some of the other suggested times don't seem to follow either the Normal or Severe schedules. Hopefully, they'll have a better explanation.

sebasll

Back to top Go down

Post by sebasll on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

output wrote:Hi, here in Chile we have the same dealer for suzuki (Derco) and the service checks and oil change are every 10.000km or a year whatever comes first. Derco is famous around here for being somewhat expensive and importing stripped down versions of the cars, for example no version of the Vitara comes with radar braking.

Hi @output, I'm beginning to discover these things myself. Rather unfortunate. The USB port, Adaptive cruise control (only limiter), rain sensing wipers and even original stereo are not there and the car costs about the same as it does in the EU Evil or Very Mad Although, at least for the radar braking, my spec sheet does say "Asistente de frenado de emergencia BA" ( Emergency Brake Assist ). They also make their own Skid Plates which are reasonably priced, so there's that.

The way they fitted the stereo really bugs me though. It has a huge gap above it. But there's little I can do now. I pretty much bought the car unseen. My father who lives there test drove a 2017 which had the original stereo, didn't have this issue. I expected the 2018 to be pretty much the same Crying or Very sad

@output, do you have a Vitara 1.6 Petrol in Chile? If so, how does it drive? I know the altitude in some parts of Chile can be quite high, so I'm just wondering.

sebasll

Back to top Go down

Post by output on Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi, I have the top specced 1.6 allgrip petrol, it does come with cruise control (not adaptative since it doesnt have the radar), rain sensing wipers, parking sensors, and a blaupunkt aftermarket radio, it is well fitted though. The break assist is not radar braking, its an aid to give more pressure to the breaks in an emergency stop.

Well I've driven the vitara through a river, the desert and the awful streets of northern Chile, but not high altitudes yet. I am very happy with it except for some rattles/noise that I can't identify where they come from, but around here is common knowledge that suzukis are kind of noisy but very reliable cars cheers .

output

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down