Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle

Go down

Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle Empty Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle

Post by STDI on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:03 am

Anyone know the wheel alignment specifications for a 20017 Vitara S AllGrip?

Last edited by STDI on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total

STDI

Back to top Go down

Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle Empty Re: Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle

Post by STDI on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Someone has to know. Or be able to find out. Please.
I will explain more later why I need it.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle Empty Re: Wheel alignment specifications and replacement of rear axle

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 pm

I probsbly have it for an SX4 but i have yet to find a Vitara or S-Cross service manual
(A majority of the front suspension/steering is the same SX4 > Vitara/S-Cross)

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:40 am

Email sent

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:48 am

Now I can give the full, and hopefully final, story.

I have a 2017 Vitara S All Grip. Delivered in May 2017.

From start I noticed vibrations from the rear when passing 80-90km/h. It was confirmed by technicians. I was asked to wait some time since their balancing machine wasn't installed.

After a few weeks all wheels were balanced. It didn't help.

I was asked to try with the winter tyres that I bought together with the car. No difference. At that time the car had 3 000 km on it. I did the change of wheels myselfe and I noticed that the rear tyres were worn on the outsides.

Next step was a wheel alignement check at an external tyre shop. It showed that toe in for both rear wheels was too much. Not possible too adjust.

In June I was tolded that the rear axle should be replaced but it might have to wait a long time since there where more cars with the same problem and Suzuki did not have the final solution.

End of November 2017 and with 17 000 km on the car the rear axle was replaced. New wheel alignement check but same figures as before.

Thanks to Karl I received Suzuki specs.

Later I also received Suzuki service bulletin from the dealer. l could see through the numbers stamped on the rear axle that I now had a "new" axle. But still too much toe in.

End of July 2018 and with almost 40 000 km on the car the axle was replaced again. This time yet another version of rear axle and it was expected to be correct. Since my tyres were worn out after about 27 000 km (I had also used the winter tyres) I was given new original tyres at no cost. New wheel alignement check. Same figures as before.

End of September 2018 and about 45 000 km on the car the axle was replaced again. New wheel alignement check. This time the figures where inside the Suzuki specs, although on the high side.

During all this time I have been treated ok by the dealer. However the lack of information has been very frustrating. If they only from start had said: "We know there is a problem. It might take a long time to fix but it will be fixed and you will be compensated." Instead the most usual answer was: "We have no more information."

I must also add that the vibrations decreased over time, or miles, and now that's no problem.

Last edited by STDI on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by maddog66 on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:48 am

Does it affect a particular model? I am guessing the 4WD versions only...
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:08 am

Not only 4WD.

If you don't have excessive wear of rear tyres, and especially on the outside, there is no problem.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Few points for you all to clear this up.

Vitara and Scross 2wd and 4wd are effected, But within a certain VIN range so NOT ALL VEHICLES.

Most uneven tyre wear occurs on the N/S/R tyre. Outer edge. But is known on the O/S/R.

The rear axles are number stamped, If the VIN and number stamp match, along with proof of uneven tyre wear, a warranty case can be logged and put to Suzuki. THIS DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN THE CLAIM WILL BE ACCEPTED.

NOTE, Dealers do not have to the power to just change axles because a select number of vehicles are effected, so please do not assume that you’ll will have a new axle just because. If you have an issue, visit the dealer.

Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down