start stop cheat

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

start stop cheat Empty start stop cheat

Post by digger06 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:26 am

seen some cheats on ebay,

any idea on which one I need?plus or negative type pulse? (cant post an external link cos I have just joined)

I take it the killer type switches it off every time,
and the memory type keeps it in the state you set it at?

digger06

Back to top Go down

start stop cheat Empty Re: start stop cheat

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:52 am

I don`t know how long you have had your Vitara but as you probably know you can disable stop/start until the next time you switch the engine off and for the first few weeks mine drove me mad, my wife hated it but after a few more trips we realised that it simply worked and we could trust it completely, to be honest the only time we think about it now is the odd time when it decides not to work!

Once you get used to it it becomes second nature , as soon as you put your foot on the clutch the engine is running and you are away from the lights exactly as if the engine was running all the time, it is just a bit disconcerting at first, after a while you will forget all about it, the only time I switch mine off now is when I am in a stop/start queue which is steadily creeping along.

Hope this helps.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:56 am

I have an automatic and I don't know if it's different from the manual. But I like one very good feature. The engine doesn't stop until you put hard pressure on the brake. With stand still and light pressure on the brake pedal the engine still runs.
So I can easily decide at each stop if I want the enginge to stop or not.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:52 am

My S Auto is the same as STDI and the Stop Start does seem more controlable than my fathers manual S

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:35 pm

it looks like it was set wrongly, its back to standard setting, but I still want it to stay off, so we have worked out how to build a system that will pulse 3 seconds after ignition is on, just gotta find out if its a neg or plus pulse

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 am

its pos pulse fyi,
made a little gadget up similar to one on the French site, it works great, if I leave it on, it stays on, every time,,, if turned off, it stays off, much better....

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

problem now it I need to fit it, how does the switch come out of the dash?

scrub that, I bent a set of snipe nose pliers I had and got the little fasteners behind with it, saved getting the dash

Last edited by digger06 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:29 pm

I'm slightly confused as to why you would want to disable the stop/Start??
Am I missing something, like will it cause early failure of the starter motor?
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Yorkshire pud wrote:I'm slightly confused as to why you would want to disable the stop/Start??

In my mind it can't be viewed as mechanically sympathetic to be stop starting to the extent experienced in normal urban traffic, just my take on it no hard evidence to back up my thoughts.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:29 am

Yorkshire pud wrote:I'm slightly confused as to why you would want to disable the stop/Start??

ok, imo, (not everybodys)
the vitara system is a cheap way of doing things, its a clumsy attempt, its not like better systems that use the alternator as extra push or ones that use plug firing /engine stop position to help.it just meets some (very loose, ) parameters and fires the starter motor...
I don't think it increases mileage either, its just what Europe wants(go green, yeah, right) and it gets a lower road tax band , (in blighty anyway)

I also don't think the starter nor the battery has been uprated much , they look around the same as my swift sport non start stop.(which is basically the same motor).
so, I don't really like it, hence I want it disabled,
some will disagree, but its what I think....

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 am

Most of my driving is in urban, built-up areas, lots of traffic lights, etc. So, I disable the Stop/Start function each time I get in and start the car. Being 'old school' when stopped at traffic lights, I would stick it in neutral with handbrake on and feet off the pedals, (unlike some 'drivers' with both feet on the clutch and brake pedals who sit there for 2-3 minutes blinding you if you happen to be behind them at night-time).

I've found that the Stop/Start feature disables itself when the battery drops below a certain charge, made worse by constantly starting the car when enabled. I make a point of taking the car on a long run at least once a month to keep the battery well charged and hence disable the feature when driving.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:20 am

Is it as simple as pulling a fuse to disable it, or will that bring up a fault on the dash?
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:18 pm

JDVitara wrote:Is it as simple as pulling a fuse to disable it, or will that bring up a fault on the dash?

Not sure if there is a fuse specific to the Stop/Start function. I just hit the button above my right knee.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:51 pm

terryk wrote:Most of my driving is in urban, built-up areas, lots of traffic lights, etc. So, I disable the Stop/Start function each time I get in and start the car. Being 'old school' when stopped at traffic lights, I would stick it in neutral with handbrake on and feet off the pedals, (unlike some 'drivers' with both feet on the clutch and brake pedals who sit there for 2-3 minutes blinding you if you happen to be behind them at night-time).

I've found that the Stop/Start feature disables itself when the battery drops below a certain charge, made worse by constantly starting the car when enabled. I make a point of taking the car on a long run at least once a month to keep the battery well charged and hence disable the feature when driving.

which helps prove my theory that its not fit for purpose, if it can eventually drop the battery voltage,

Last edited by digger06 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:52 pm

terryk wrote:
JDVitara wrote:Is it as simple as pulling a fuse to disable it, or will that bring up a fault on the dash?

Not sure if there is a fuse specific to the Stop/Start function. I just hit the button above my right knee.

I couldn't find one, it seems Suzuki and most other makes don't make it that simple, its lodged into the ecu memory

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:41 pm

digger06 wrote:[

which helps prove my theory that its not fit for purpose....

The system is perfectly fit for purpose as the battery is a specific stop start item and keeps a reserve voltage to ensure it will restart and recharge......fit a non stop start battery and the system will not stop as it recognises there is not a reserve voltage to guarantee it will restart
Modern engines not only require the engine to crank over but also 11+v to ignite the ignition coils........if a battery is at 12v when the engine stops and you have your lights, heater,radio etc on it will soon drop voltage and thats where the system detects a low enough voltage to restart the engine

The system has no doubt been tested in far lower temperatures than we have here in the UK so until someone actually has one fail all this is just speculation that the system isnt up to the job?

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/info/technical/start-stop-vehicle-battery-replacement-warning/

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Yorkshire pud on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Interesting topic, I've learned from that yuasa web site that my vitara s has an EFB (Enhanced Flood Battery) fitted to it!
The start stop function seems to have stopped on mine, probably due to too many short drives and this freezing weather.
Yorkshire pud
Yorkshire pud

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:50 pm

All manufacturers systems appear to default to on, would rather have it the other way but heh ho.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken H on Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 am

If the stop start defaulted to off would the road tax be +£100 and something ,wife s car a fiesta nil road tax , vitara £20 , due in part to stop start . ps both think its a good feature

Ken H

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 am

Admin wrote:
digger06 wrote:[

which helps prove my theory that its not fit for purpose....

The system is perfectly fit for purpose as the battery is a specific stop start item and keeps a reserve voltage to ensure it will restart and recharge......fit a non stop start battery and the system will not stop as it recognises there is not a reserve voltage to guarantee it will restart
Modern engines not only require the engine to crank over but also 11+v to ignite the ignition coils........if a battery is at 12v when the engine stops and you have your lights, heater,radio etc on it will soon drop voltage and thats where the system detects a low enough voltage to restart the engine

The system has no doubt been tested in far lower temperatures than we have here in the UK so until someone actually has one fail all this is just speculation that the system isnt up to the job?

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/info/technical/start-stop-vehicle-battery-replacement-warning/

Karl

just going by the fact that the starter and battery isn't really any stronger than a swift 1600, non stop/start...maybe the TYPE of battery makes the difference then,, I would like to see what internally makes the difference.
as I said, its down to personal opinion,
I do think the system isn't working exactly the same though on different vitaras, , some seem to never activate, mine seems to even cut in whilst I'm still rolling, (slowly) when I push the clutch in, I have driven 5 vitaras now, some seem to activate at different times, yet all are set the same...
we havnt had many vitara cars in the garage, (prob too new) but we are seeming to get a lot of starter/battery failures on some vehicles only around 3 to 4 yr old, audi being the main one, time will tell I suppose, but not on mine, mine now is fully manual, button is now off or on but remembers its position every time it starts, better suited to me,
if your happy with it, great, but i know a lot are not, and im showing them the way round  without having to switch it off all the time...

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:47 pm

digger06 wrote:  I also don't think the starter nor the battery has been uprated much , they look around the same as my swift sport non start stop.(which is basically the same motor).

On non UK Vitara's without Stop/Start they use a standard starter part#31100-61M00,
the Stop/Start vehicles use an uprated starter part#31100-61MA0
Both starters are made by Mitsubishi Electric Automotive but the Stop/Start starter motor is upgraded with dual layer, long-life electrical brushes and heavy duty throw out springs to compensate for the extra load from additional re-starts

I guess if all this tech is inconvenient we should be buying something from the 70's scratch

start stop cheat 25398210

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by digger06 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:15 pm

i would, but they rot too much,,,,, as i said, only time will tell,lets hope it is ok unlike some other makes. if it worked ok on mine i would probably not bother defeating it.

digger06

Back to top Go down

Post by Longshanks on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm

My last car was a Freelander, started to get battery low warnings, so decided to replace it with OEM battery. Discovered it was about £100 more expensive than a normal battery of the same capacity, but also that the alternator had a higher than normal output to keep it charged?. Don't know if the starter was any different. Six months later the old battery sits on my bench having been refreshed on a smart charger and it still holds 12.9V., did I need a new battery at all??.
Love my All grip SX5, does everything the Freelander did, doesn't have a DPF, does 53 mpg average, has a bigger boot, half the road tax, and has far more kit, oh, and came with a towbar fitted.
Longshanks
Longshanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Welcome to the Forum Longshanks, glad to hear your SZ5 is proving to be a good investment thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sakke on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am

Find a YouTube video "Suzuki Vitara | TURN off A-STOP engine FUNCTION module", easy install, and it changes auto start stop function upcide down; when you start your car auto stop and start is disabled, but if you want to use auto stop and start  you press that button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMV1BeZkMY

I'm very happy how Vitara's auto stop and start works and don't need that module Very Happy but quite a few here in the forum seems to want it!

Last edited by sakke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
sakke
sakke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next