First service

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

First service  - Page 2 Empty Re: First service

Post by Gar Green on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:11 pm

kwikphix328 wrote:I phoned my local Suzuki dealer (NMG Norwich ) and was quoted £78 for an Oil and filter change, not too bad as just the oil was £50+
Vickers in Telford, Shropshire quoted me £159 including a mini service/health check, or £99 for just the Oil/Filter Change.

My car has 4600 miles/ 4½ months on the clock now and isn't actually due a Service, however as it is probably a keeper for a few years I'd like to keep on top of it, especially in these early years.  
I have a Halford Trade Card so in the end as the Oil change was 'just for me', (as apposed to a stamp in the book which it will get @ 9,000 miles), I decided to do it myself.
I didn't bother changing the filter, just used my Link: Pela 6000 Suction Pump through the dipstick hole, sucked out just under 4 litres of Oil and replaced it with same amount of nice new Castrol Magnatec 5w30 A5/B5 stop/start oil.  The small amount of oil that might still be in the filter bowl is negligable, when nearly 4 litres of fresh is added to it.

£23.99 and 20 minutes on the driveway to give my Engine a pre-winter drink of fresh oil.... and i didn't spill a drop !

In my view that was a wasted exercise. For the sake of £10 why not change the filter?
If your argument would be "the filter has only done 4600 miles" then surely that would apply to the oil itself as well, as it's still traveled through the filter.
I'm sure you wouldn't clean half of the car because the other half was not as dirty.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:54 pm

So, had my first service completed yesterday. Oil, filter and gasket changed, washer topped up, outside cleaned and inside valeted. All for the princely sum of £187 (inclusive of VAT). Service booklet stamped on the service page and bodywork check page. Also received an A4 size folder with a price breakdown plus several other checklist sheets with lots of boxes for which most had a tick in them! It all seems impressive, but was it worth the money...I'll reserve judgement on that for now.

Spoke with the service manager about extending the AA Suzuki Assistance, but he didn't seem too interested, only informing me when it expired. So, I've a week or so to find an alternative. A bit more hunting through the Forum, I expect.
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

In a bit of a dilema here.
My 1st year Service is due on 20 Aug 2018. however I am going to make 9000 miles before then.

I have been trying to manage my milage by using my partners Fiat 500 and my Suzuki Bandit 1200 Motorbike, however minding the miles is slightly spoiling my enjoyment of the Vitara as I love driving it and still consider it the best car i have ever owned. .

Presume i am going to have to get the 9k done, then go back later for the annual/ Bodywork inspection stamp ?
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 am

With every car I've owned, including my current one servicing is normally every 12 months OR the specific mileage, whatever you reach first.

In myprevious job I was having the vehicle serviced at least twice a year as my mileage was 2000-2500 a month, and servicing was every 12 months or 9400 miles (10000 kilometers), whatever I reached first.

My last service was carried out 12 months from the previous one as my mileage was only 7000 miles.

Health Check/Bodywork Inspection should be carried out with every service, unless Suzuki are different to the rest of the industry.

Contact your local dealer for confirmation, and get them to either put it in writing or email the confirmation to you.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Mon May 07, 2018 9:13 pm

terryk wrote:

Spoke with the service manager about extending the AA Suzuki Assistance, but he didn't seem too interested, only informing me when it expired. So, I've a week or so to find an alternative. A bit more hunting through the Forum, I expect.

He should have gave you a leaflet to phone up in a few weeks after the service to extend the AA breakdown for another year free of charge. I've never bothered as I have full breakdown and recovery for the whole family and I think the AA assist is only the basic breakdown and recover to nearest garage.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by kwikphix328 on Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 pm

9k 1st service today. £189 inc VAT.
They are going to do the 1st annual insp in 2 months time FOC.
kwikphix328
kwikphix328

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2