What is the anti theft mode A and D

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What is the anti theft mode A and D Empty What is the anti theft mode A and D

Post by Vitaraphil on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 am

Just been going through the right hand push button on the speedo and whilst checking my tyre pressures [ok]. I came across a antitheft mode A and Mode D - checked my manual and the only thing relating to anti theft is for a CD stereo unit, which I don't have, mine has the info centre with camera. What is mode A and mode D?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

What is the anti theft mode A and D Empty Re: What is the anti theft mode A and D

Post by STDI on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:28 pm

Try page 2-74 in the manual.

Antitheft (Theft deterrent alarm system setting) (if equipped)
Mode A: Disabled state
Mode D: Enabled state

STDI

Back to top Go down

What is the anti theft mode A and D Empty Re: What is the anti theft mode A and D

Post by Fin69 on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:39 pm

It would have been more logical if it had been the other way round ;

Mode A: Alarmed/Alarm On
Mode D: Disabled/Alarm Off.

Just sayin'.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 pm

My was set to mode A - not quite sure what that actually meant but I have now changed to Mode D.
Does that now mean it is alarmed?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:33 am

Yes. When you lock the door you also see a red LED flashing below the infotainment screen. First quickly for 20 seconds and then once every second.

A-mode is probably standard since mine also was set at A-mode.

This is only for the cars equipped with alarm (with an alarm sticker on the back side window).

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 am

Ok thanks, I do have a sticker on my drivers side boot window, what looks like an alarm flashing with a padlock.
Does this mean I do have an alarm fitted and I should be using mode D?
I would have thought an alarm should have been standard on an 56 plate Allgrip SZ5 model?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:34 am

Vitaraphil wrote:Ok thanks, I do have a sticker on my drivers side  boot window, what looks like an alarm flashing with a padlock.
Does this mean I do have an alarm fitted and I should be using mode D?
Yes.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Thanks

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 pm

I've selected option d now, didn't know anything about this mode? What does the alarm actually do once the car is locked?

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:50 pm

well you learn something new everyday. only had the car a year and didn't even know i had an alarm. lol!
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgrimsby on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 pm

Is it just a red flashing light on the dashboard to deter would be thieving scumbags?

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:35 am

Once again, read the manual, pages 12-6 and 12-7.
It is really an alarm, not only a flashing red LED.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 am

Seems a bit strange that a factory fitted alarmed is being delivered disabled ! Knew it had an alarm so will have to go and have a gander to see if its on or off.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by bazahazano on Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:55 pm

I have the sticker on my back window but no alarm (2016 sz-t). The setting only makes the LED flash as a deterrent, nothing more.
bazahazano
bazahazano

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am

I think that the horn will blow if the car is actually broken into. Not easy to test without causing damage.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by bazahazano on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:03 pm

There are no movement sensors in my car to detect anything. It really is just a flashing deterrent light.
bazahazano
bazahazano

Back to top Go down

Post by LourensL on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Go into the car. Lock the doors and wait a few minutes. And then exit without using the remote control.

There is no interior sensor, only contacts in the door and bonnet.

LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dougie M on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Lock the car with the remote then open it with the key after one minute - indicator lights flash first then the horn sounds.

Dougie M

Back to top Go down

Post by bazahazano on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Yes, sorry I was wrong.Just tried it out.  If somebody breaks in and then opens the door from inside then the alarm will sound. I couldn't get it to go off jumping about inside the car. I should of tried it out before instead of trying to be a know it all and typing rubbish. sorry Embarassed At least we know now Very Happy !
bazahazano
bazahazano

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Tend to agree with Fin69. Checked mine today which was on D; would think that the D & A refer to words in the Japanese language.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Actually a few weeks ago I went to open the boot, and the hooter started blowing.
It stopped when I used the key fob a couple of times. So yes I would say there is an alarm on the Vitara.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:04 pm

Here is an easy way to test it. Wind down the drivers window, lock the door with the fob and walk away. Go back 10 minutes later leaving the fob at least 20 yards away. Lean in the window unlock and open the door. The indicators will start flashing for a few seconds and then the horn will start blowing. Didn't check how long this went on for because it is annoying.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ndrummond on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am

Another way to test it is to sit in car while someone locks it with remote. After about 30 seconds, and the led has started flashing slower, reach down and pull the bonnet release lever. The alarm will start to flash the indicators, and after a few more seconds, it will sound the horn as well.
Ndrummond
Ndrummond

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm

Or even simpler by yourself: Lower the window, close the door from the outside and lock. When the led is flashing slow you stick your hand in and pull the bonnet release lever.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by tigersaw on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 pm

I tested mine today - yes I do have an alarm.
The option to turn it off is not available in the display menu's, the book says its not an option on EU vehicles.
tigersaw
tigersaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next