AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT

Go down

AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT Empty AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:24 am

AUTOEXPRESS wrote:......In the final reckoning, it’s the Vitara that takes victory here. Not only is it faster, better to drive and more refined, but it costs less to buy and comes with all the kit you’ll need

AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT Tivoli10

CLICK HERE FOR FULL STORY

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT Empty Re: AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Very interesting since I had the Tivoli as my first choice vehicle and watched it for many months before a demonstrator became available. I was comparing the ELX version with the SZ5 rather than the lesser specification Auto Express chose. The Tivoli failed (for me) on having no passenger seat height adjustment, and the roof rails are omitted on the UK specification models. Also the cars looks are still of the "marmite" style much like the Juke - you either love it or hate it.

At the top specification level the Tivoli wins easily with £19.5K buying you a diesel AWD with automatic gearbox (heated seats too!), while the Suzuki goes beyond £22K and still no auto box on the diesel. The interior quality of the Tivoli at all specifcations is also far superior to the Vitara IMHO.

My disapointment left me with no "Plan B" until I revisited all the other possibilities I had looked at. The Vitara looked as if it might be a possibility, so a test drive booked within 24 hours of seeing the Tivoli, and Vitara ordered 24 hours after that. Still waiting for delivery though - nearly 4 months now Sad .

I now far prefer the look of the Vitara over the Tivoli and other factors compensate (for me) the lesser quality interior.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT Empty Re: AUTOEXPRESS VITARA-TIVOLI SHOOT OUT

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:26 pm

My issue with brands like Kia, Hyundai,Ssangyong etc is the pricing
Without getting into which vehicle is better I do think the above 3 have got carried away with their pricing for such newcomers, Suzuki prices too have increased yet being the inventor of the compact SUV they are still not charging prices like Toyota with their Rav 4 etc..........altho it's very good you don't find Aldi charging Marks and Spencer prices Very Happy

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:48 pm

We'll drift off topic, but I would argue that Aldi in many cases are equal to or better than the branded makes. At the time of its introduction I would pit the Hyundai iX35 against any of the then current SUVs. I owned one of the 3 door RAV4s and it was a great little vehicle. In my view Toyota are pricing themselves out of the family SUV market, they're damned expensive and very bland (IMHO) .
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Totally agree with Aldi and when was the last time M&S had a special offer on a Bluetooth combined toaster and BBQ with a dual USB outlet that you don't really need but could not resist at £9.99 lol!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:55 pm

Oh, so you bought one as well tongue
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:07 am

I get the impression the Tivoli will drink fuel far too fast. Was getting over 60 m.p.g. on my S Cross, and have no reason to believe my Vitara will not equal or better it; even with winter tyres.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down