Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate

Go down

Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate Empty Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate

Post by Badfx on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi
So i am having a bit of a dilemma as to which tyres to put on my AllGrip. The original Continentals are just about done after 36000 km (22000 miles) and i want to put some all season tyres on. The OEM tyres will get me to England next month and then i will change them whilst over there.

After a few hours research and reviews it looks like the Michelin Cross Climates are probably the best but the best fitted price i have up to now is £607.96 at Kwik Fit. The Maxxis AP2s i can get fitted for £367.60 from openeo.co.uk

My question :- Are the Michelins £240 better than the Maxxis.

I am unlikely to get snow where i live but its not unusual to get -5 and the odd morning of -10 and when it rains it does it by the bucket. I will be going to ski resorts once a year but only for a few days where there better be snow. I also spend a lot of time with two wheels on the verge (grass/mud) as the roads are narrow here.

Any help and opinions will be appreciated, even if you think my choice is wrong

Thanks
      Neil

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate Empty Re: Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate

Post by LourensL on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:40 pm

I'm very happy with the Vredestein QUATRAC 5 I have on my Vitara.
LourensL
LourensL

Back to top Go down

Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate Empty Re: Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:02 pm

A friend is about to fit Cross Climate+ to his Vitara S
His choice was based on lower noise label than the contis and a B rating for economy and wet weather traction but like you say they are not cheap
You may want to compare the eu tyre label michelin to maxxis , if the maxxis has a far lower fuel rating it may cover the extra cost of the michelins over a couple of years
(Nothing against the maxxis....people used to scoff at Yokohamas which are now highly respected)

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:23 pm

The Maxxis has a economy rating of E I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make over 20k miles. You could be right Karl

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

The Michelin Cross Climate get favourable reviews on a Škoda forum I am a member of (I run a Škoda Octavia Scout TDi). ;

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/377444-michelin-cross-climate/?do=findComment&comment=4431878

Personally, I run Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on 17 inch OE alloys from approximately May - October, then Nokian W3 (I think!) on 16 inch steel wheels during the rest of the time. Although it rarely snows, the temperature around here rarely rises above 7°c for most of that time. I still see ice on the road in July when going to work at 0400. And we had several heavy down pours of hailstones in June and July.

Apologies if posting another forum's content is not permitted.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by Badfx on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Well i went for the Michelin Cross Climates in the end. No idea if they are as brilliant as the reviews say but they are quieter than the Eco Contacts.
Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate 20171010
Maxxis AP2 or Mitchellin Cross Climate 2017-110

Badfx

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 pm

You'll have to keep us updated on their performance!
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by kent a on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 pm

kent a

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:23 pm

The Pirelli Cinturato looks a good buy. They also have the technology that eliminates blow outs and sudden deflation.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony's here on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Had a pair of Goodyear Vectors fitted to the front of my previous model SX4 & couldn't fault them for year round use.

Tony's here

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down