That's pretty annoying.

Go down

That's pretty annoying. Empty That's pretty annoying.

Post by Phil on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Had a TPMS warning come up for the 2nd time today so decided to check the tyre. Sure enough there are 2 nails in it, one in the centre so fixable and the other right on the edge so not :-(

Just had a quick whizz round the web and it looks like the Contis are ~£150. Anyone found a cheap place for them?
Has anyone replaced just 1 tyre and if so did the TPMS get all flustered because the new one is bigger than those that are on the car which have done about 12,000 miles?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

That's pretty annoying. Empty Re: That's pretty annoying.

Post by STDI on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 pm

TPMS for Suzuki Vitara has nothing to do with size of the tyre/wheel.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:01 pm

TPMS will not be effected with regards to tyre tread depth so you're ok there.

The question you need to ask yourself is, will you be willing to replace both tyres to keep future wear in check? The issue with changing one tyre means, one will always be behind the other (in terms of wear). If I were you, I'd have both tyres changed and also ask for the good carcass back to keep as a spare.

Last edited by Gargreen on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Gargreen wrote:TPMS will not be effected with regards to tyre tread depth so you're ok there.

The question you need to ask is and you will to replace both to keep future wear in check. The issue with changing one means one tyre will always be behind the other. If I was you, I'd have both done and ask for the good carcass back as a "just in case"

Excellent advice,     Gargreen,   "if I was you"  indeed, "if I were you"    what happened to that expensive education  !!

PS Any luck with Swift SZ4 badge?
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 pm

HILLCLIMBER wrote:
Gargreen wrote:TPMS will not be effected with regards to tyre tread depth so you're ok there.

The question you need to ask is and you will to replace both to keep future wear in check. The issue with changing one means one tyre will always be behind the other. If I was you, I'd have both done and ask for the good carcass back as a "just in case"

Excellent advice,     Gargreen,   "if I was you"  indeed, "if I were you"    what happened to that expensive education  !!

PS Any luck with Swift SZ4 badge?

Noted, proof read and corrected. Thank you, Hillclimber.

P.s, I have a badge for you, just send me over your address.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:37 am

The question you need to ask yourself is, will you be willing to replace both tyres to keep future wear in check? The issue with changing one tyre means, one will always be behind the other (in terms of wear). If I were you, I'd have both tyres changed and also ask for the good carcass back to keep as a spare.

OK that's good news about the TPMS.

As for the wear issue I may just stick the new one on the front right, apply full right lock, hold it in 1st gear and stand on the throttle. Shouldn't take too long to burn off 12k miles. :-)

Alternatively I may just carry on checking them all with a depth gauge every few months.

So I'm not fussed about different depths/amount of wear.

What about suppliers? Are they all about the same prices?

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken H on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 am

Had the same problem in march 11500 miles, nail in front left near side wall tyre firm would not repair it , changed both tyres and have kept the other one as a spare ,PS £125 fully fitted ,both tyres now have same tread depth , you cannot put a price on safety where tyres are concerned

Ken H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dougie M on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:53 am

I've been using Mytyres for a few years now following recommendation from my local garage - you can either order the tyre to be delivered to your house and find someone to fit it or get the fully fitted price where the tyres delivered to the fitter and you just need to arrange a fitting time.

Dougie M

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 am

Try Asda https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/ Tyres fitted locally to suit you. I have used them a couple of times. Just make sure you have the right variant of Conti tyre. Showing as £111, no need for their recommended XL, winter version.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm

OK. Thanks.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Non repairable punctures can be a huge worry. With multi choices of tyres on the market the likliehood of finding yourself with a tyre that needs replacing can easily result in you having to buy 4 tyres, simply because the ones on your car are short on supply; or discontinued. This problem is very real on the continent and for those of us who travel regularly in Europe, it is wise to use Michelin, Pirelli or Good Year rather than some cheap Asian brand.

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down