Extra Rear View Camera

Go down

Extra Rear View Camera Empty Extra Rear View Camera

Post by JDVitara on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:20 pm

Hi everyone
You may have seen the pictures of our car with bikes and bike rack on the towbar.
A small issue with this setup is the bikes block most of the view from the factory fitted camera when reversing, so I've decided to fit an extra (wireless) camera & monitor.
I haven't decided 100% yet where the camera will be located, but current thoughts are attaching it to the headlining just in front of the rear hatch glass, the transmitter can be hidden away above the headlining and, hopefully, I'll be able to run the power/earth cables to the revering light connections in the hatch door panel.

Has anyone done anything similar to this, and/or do you think there might be any issues, particularly with the wiring connections?
TIA
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Extra Rear View Camera Empty Re: Extra Rear View Camera

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Will it effect your warranty ??

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 pm

It's no different to installing a rear view dashcam. I have front and rear dashcams installed in my vehicle and never had an issue when taking it in for servicing. Obviously the camera and monitor will not be covered by Suzuki, and he would be responsible for any subsequent issues arising from this install; incorrectly wired, damage caused during install et al.

I would advise the OP to inform his insurer once it has been installed as he has technically 'modified' his vehicle. In all probabilty it should not affect his premium.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:34 pm

The way insurance companies operate these days, they may well look upon it as a t.v. set and double his premium. I believe some companies look upon winter tyres as a modification !!

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Fin69 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:16 pm

Is the rear view camera fitted to some models of the Vitara classed as a television? The Transcend dashcam fitted to the rear of my vehicle is capable of transmitting a 'live' feed to my mobile, does that mean my mobile is also classed as a television?

As for the fitment of Cold Weather tyres, I swap from 17 inch alloys to 16 inch steel wheels with Cold Weather tyres every October, and back again in May (the roads to work can still be icy in July and August), and I've never had any issues, nor received an increase in my premium. I used to phone them at the change over, but was informed there was no need as long as the wheel/tyre combination conformed to those stipulated my the manufacturer.

Fin69

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:37 am

Fin69, does the winter wheel change interfere with the tpms ?

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi John,
I also change my wheels and tyres for summer/winter.
At the moment I am running Summer setup - 215/55R17 on 6.5Jx17 ET50 standard Continental
Winter setup - 215/60R16 on 6.5Jx16 ET50 Geolander A/t-S
by reducing the wheel and tyre size to 16inch and the tyre profile 60 this keeps the rolling radius almost the same -4mm which makes the speedo deviation -0.6 km/hr.
These measurements were taken from another publication but when checked with a satnav seem
to be very nearly correct.
Hope this helps.
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Thanks G S for your reply....

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm

JOHNWALES wrote:Fin69,  does the winter wheel change interfere with the tpms ?
Grumpy Souter wrote:Hi John,
I also change my wheels and tyres for summer/winter.
At the moment I am running Summer setup - 215/55R17 on 6.5Jx17 ET50 standard Continental
                                      Winter setup  - 215/60R16 on 6.5Jx16 ET50 Geolander A/t-S
by reducing the wheel and tyre size to 16inch and the tyre profile 60 this keeps the rolling radius almost the same -4mm which makes the speedo deviation -0.6 km/hr.
These measurements were taken from another publication but when checked with a satnav seem
to be very nearly correct.
Hope this helps.
GS
I don't understand what this answer has to do with tpms.
As long as the winter wheels have the correct tpms valves installed everything is ok. The sensors are recognized by the car.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:40 am

Smaller rolling area equals incorrect Speedo readings.......its not TPMS!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down