Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara

Go down

Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara Empty Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara

Post by michomauricio on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:22 am

What do you use and why?
michomauricio
michomauricio

Back to top Go down

Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara Empty Re: Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara

Post by Gar Green on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 am

Hopefully I'll never need them, but I keep a battery booster, spare wheel kid and the compressor of board. With my little girl in the car I'd rather not be hanging around for AA when I can do it all myself.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara Empty Re: Let's talk recovery tools for you Vitara

Post by Ziga Vitara on Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:07 pm

I ordered a spare wheel and matching tools, I should get them at the end of July. For now I have the basic tire repair set which I got when I bought a car. I'm also thinking of buying a battery booster.
Ziga Vitara
Ziga Vitara

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 pm

I have got the spacesaver and tools plus compressor on board.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by JOHNWALES on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 pm

what are the cost options please for a space saver, and full size wheel, plus all the kit ?

JOHNWALES

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:23 pm

In my boot you will find the following:
a spacesaver spare, telescopic wheel brace, rubber wheel chocks, 2 tonne jack & handle;
a 3 tonne tow rope with D shackles each end;
a set of heavy duty jump leads;
two high viz jackets, safety glasses, boots, gloves, & hard hat;
a LED Lenser torch and a Petzl head torch;
a small general tool kit.

Have to say, I've never had to use any of the above since owning my Vitara, and I hope this continues. However, in the past I have always carried the above kit, and every item has been required on a number of occasions.
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:51 pm

i paid £149 for my kit this includes the casing it all sits in that fits in the well.i don't think you can get a full size wheel in the compartment where the spacesaver sits.i could not get a full size wheel in my capture well.i bought it from my dealer where I bought the car from.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:58 pm

a spacesaver spare, jack, torque wrench, battery booster, air compressor, first aid kit, fire extinguisher. duct tape and wd40.

not sure why as in all the 10 years of driving i've only ever needed to change a tyre once and that was just for a nail in the tyre. it still held air but family members refused to get in car until i changed it.

other time was a dead battery and i had forgotten to keep the booster charged, luckily i was on a hill and could bump start it.

Hopefully i will never need to use any of these on the Vitara.
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down