Has anyone removed painted mirror caps?

Go down

Has anyone removed painted mirror caps? Empty Has anyone removed painted mirror caps?

Post by 2015sz5 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi Has anyone removed painted mirror caps? someone has hit one of mine and while luckily intact has large area of paint damage, I want to remove and drop of at body shop for re spray, does it unclip or screws behind glass? Thanks

2015sz5

Back to top Go down

Has anyone removed painted mirror caps? Empty Re: Has anyone removed painted mirror caps?

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:47 am

If anything like the Grand Vitara or Jimny mirror caps it was cheaper to buy a colour coded item from Suzuki
I use a plastic trim tool to remove the mirror caps that are usually clipped into place

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Has anyone removed painted mirror caps? Empty Re: Has anyone removed painted mirror caps?

Post by Gar Green on Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:00 am

Send me your reg number over and what mirror cover you need and I can give you all the info on it

Last edited by Gargreen on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by 2015sz5 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Ok thank you, it's the n/s mirror colour coded case/cover

2015sz5

Back to top Go down

Post by Grumpy Souter on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:54 pm

I am also trying to remove the mirror caps to replace them with black ones.
Putting the mirror on full ajustment it looks like the cap is clipped or screwed in but I would need to remove the glass to get at the clips or screws
My question is how do I remove the glass without breaking it ?
GS
Grumpy Souter
Grumpy Souter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:04 pm

99.9% of suzuki mirror caps are just clipped on GS

I have removed/replaced both GV and Jimny ones using plastic trim tools you can buy off ebay. An old credit card can also be used to start things off (anything metal is certainly not advised)
With some heat from the sun or a hair dryer this may may help prevent any of the clips breaking as the plastic can be brittle in colder conditions

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by 2015sz5 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Luckily I polished out most of it with a machine polisher and touched up small bit left

2015sz5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down