Fuelly gas tracker

Go down

Fuelly gas tracker Empty Fuelly gas tracker

Post by Loveness on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 am

Does anyone use fuelly to track MPG over a longer period? I've only tracked my last two fuel ups so my car doesn't show up on the browse (needs 3 minimum I believe). It's interesting to see a the variations.

I reset my average MPG with the trip counter after every fuel up since I like to compare if I ever use a different fuel. I usually drive the same route to and from work every day and not so much variation month to month.

On that note, I usually use Tesco 99 octane or Shell V power and find they give about the same mpg and feel like they give a smoother driving experience but if I use something like Morrisons regular unleaded, it feels a little sluggish. Whether that's a placebo effect, I have no idea. The Tesco premium is probably my best choice for value for money. Does anyone else have any similar experience or think that choice of fuel is a waste of time and it's all the same?
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Fuelly gas tracker Empty Re: Fuelly gas tracker

Post by maddog66 on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:56 am

Having a diesel, I generally use the standard option at Supermarket forecourts. I have been logging my fuel and mileage using a spreadsheet. Since I started I am returning 55mpg, which I am happy with. My last car, 1.0ltr petrol, was only achieving 41mpg and my old smart 700cc, around 50mpg!

I guess I could pay for a better quality diesel fuel and maybe achieve slightly better economy, but will it really make that much of a difference?
maddog66
maddog66

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 am

55mpg sounds like a dream to me. Too many hills around here put the average way down. I think the current tank avg is around 42mpg (according to the car dash) and that's actually on the high end for me.

One part of my drive I can get it into the 50's and the second half (full of hills) brings it back down to low 40s and even high 30s from what I saw this winter.
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:08 am

Having had my car just over a month now, I've filled up twice and reset the trip computer each time. My average mpg is around 39.9 under urban driving conditions, which I'm fairly happy with. I've had other cars which have averaged between 28 and 32mpg. Having said that I'm still running in my beast, so I'm short-shifting at the moment. Be interesting to see if my mpg drops after the 1000 mile mark!
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:42 am

That makes me feel much better about my mpg!
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:48 pm

I have been tracking my 1.4S Auto on Fuelly for just over a year. My average mpg for the whole period is 38.3, but my last tank fill showed 40.7 mpg. The best figure I recorded was last summer when for about 6 weeks I was doing a daily 60 mile motorway commute,  which gave a very satisfactory 45.0 mpg.
I know I could achieve better results if I tried, but the temptation to use sport mode and the right pedal is sometimes too much....... Smile
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:53 pm

Sport mode can be my biggest downfall at times. What an option to have though!
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 am

1.4s here and also averaging 40 mpg on an urban cycle which involves regular hills.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Neu on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 am

The fuel consumption value that we see from the car dash deviates from actual comsumption value.It happens for most of the cars if not for all. Car dash doesnt record consumption when car is in idle etc.in vitara, take dash to instant consumption mode it doesnt show white bar for consumption when idle.
My dash shows 6.0 litre/100km (47.4 mpg) but according to my actual case measurements,
total litre of petrol bought/km driven, I've got: 6.7 litre/100 km which makes around 42.4 mpg.
My data obtained for: 1.6 petrol AllGrip, 80%Auto Mode+20%Sport Mode, Urban area.

I think we need to indicate if consumption is from dash or actual measurement.
Neu
Neu

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrust on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Neu wrote:

I think we need to indicate if consumption is from dash or actual measurement.

Yes I agree.
The figures I quoted in my earlier post are the results from Fuelly and are therefore actual consumption. I too have noticed that the dash always displays a favourable reading, sometimes as much as 1 - 1.5 mpg
Petrust
Petrust

Back to top Go down

Post by bigcar1979 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:57 pm

39mpg here. mostly city driving (moving house) so lots of small trips. however a run over to Cardiff got me up to nearly 45mpg.  Cool

Fuelly gas tracker Fuel10
bigcar1979
bigcar1979

Back to top Go down

Post by 2015sz5 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:14 pm

1.6 petrol sz5 2wd average over the tank 45.1 mpg

2015sz5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content