HYDRAULIC TAPPETS?

Go down

HYDRAULIC TAPPETS? Empty HYDRAULIC TAPPETS?

Post by Twosheds on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Hi All.
Anyone know if the 1.4s Boosterjet K14C engine has hydraulic, self adjusting tappets as no reference to valve clearance checks in maintenance schedule.

Twosheds

Back to top Go down

HYDRAULIC TAPPETS? Empty Re: HYDRAULIC TAPPETS?

Post by JDVitara on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:42 pm

My knowledge of hydraulic, self adjusters comes from the 70's Rover V8 and looking at this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sessBVxiD64
the Boosterjet valves seem to have springs on top of the valve stems not the 'pressurized poppet valve' type I've know.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Twosheds on Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Thanks JDVitara, but on closer inspection of the U-Tube video, (around 2.09), it would appear the cams act on possibly a roller bearing on a lever arm, one end of which bears on the top of the valve stem. The other end appears to bear on some kind of cylinder with an oil hole in it. This, plus the lack of adjustment/check in the maintenance schedule leads me to the conclusion that they are hydraulic. If so...hurrah, it is another thing less to worry about, provided the oil is changed regularly!
Any Suzuki mechanics out there to confirm please?

Twosheds

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 am

Well spotted.
"Darling, if we don't need the (6 day old) car today I'm just going to take that rocker box thingy off to check something!" study
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by alamontana on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:51 pm

Twosheds wrote:Thanks JDVitara, but on closer inspection of the U-Tube video, (around 2.09), it would appear the cams act on possibly a roller bearing on a lever arm, one end of which bears on the top of the valve stem. The other end appears to bear on some kind of cylinder with an oil hole in it. This, plus the lack of adjustment/check in the maintenance schedule leads me to the conclusion that they are hydraulic. If so...hurrah, it is another thing less to worry about, provided the oil is changed regularly!
Any Suzuki mechanics out there to confirm please?
yes they are hydraulic tappets on the K14c engine no adjustment required

alamontana

Back to top Go down

Post by Twosheds on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Thank you for confirming 'alamontana'. I will probably be posting a query about the Auto box shortly.....watch this space!

Twosheds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down