She's arrived!

Go down

She's arrived! Empty She's arrived!

Post by JDVitara on Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:39 am

Picked 'her' up on Thursday and drove home via Ilkley Moor in torrential rain, nearly went into 'Snow/Mud' option going past the Cow and Calf!
My partner uses the car for work so the pile of accessories are still waiting to be fitted.

Here's hoping the piccie upload works for me!!!

She's arrived! Vitara10
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

She's arrived! Empty Re: She's arrived!

Post by Neu on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:21 am

She looks beautiful Wink thumbl
Neu
Neu

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 am

Nice motor and inside you cannot beat the smell of a new motor. cheers

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks guys, hoping to strike a deal with the dealer for F & R Rugged Pack guard/skid plates, they seem an easy install and I'm prepared to fit them myself.
Once an engineer - have tools, will get nails dirty, and looking forward to checking the engine over.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:41 pm

What a great feeling, a new car. Hope you get on with it.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by jblion on Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:19 pm

I note you have the auto version. How are you getting on with the gearbox? Is it silky smooth as might be expected. I am considering an auto and would like your initial impressions. Hope the car serves you well.

jblion

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:56 am

jblion wrote:I note you have the auto version. How are you getting on with the gearbox? Is it silky smooth as might be expected. I am considering an auto and would like your initial impressions. Hope the car serves you well.

Just to jump on your question, I have the Vitara S in Auto. It's absolutely fantastic, I'm glad I didn't let the dealer convince me that I wanted the cheaper manual (who has ever heard of a dealer trying to sell the lower end option?).

I came from a 100% electric car - so the smoothest possible 'gearbox' and when I jumped in the Vitara for a test drive, the smoothness of the auto box is what sold me more than anything. It also has the paddle shifters on the steering wheel so if you ever need a bit of oomph you can always drop down a gear.

My mum has the new celerio with an auto box which is absolutely dreadful, so I can really feel the difference in the Vitara.
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by JDVitara on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:17 pm

jblion wrote:I note you have the auto version. How are you getting on with the gearbox? Is it silky smooth as might be expected. I am considering an auto and would like your initial impressions. Hope the car serves you well.

It's really sweet and smooth, as Loveness says.
Comparing it to our previous 13 year old MB ML it made the ML sound and feel like a jerky (Panzer) tank.
JDVitara
JDVitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:33 pm

If opting for the skid plates be aware i have seen several including my own "full" front skid plates look very tatty in a short space of time
The silver part is not too bad but the satin black sections stonechip really bad, im not the sort to tailgate and i will pull on someones driveway if i see a gritting lorry travelling in my direction but alas stonechips were plentiful
The shorter skid plate like Gargreen has on his does not have the satin black sections and may be worth a look
I will post pictures of my skid plate and one i also took pictures of later this evening to explain more

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down