Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks....

Go down

Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks.... Empty Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks....

Post by Vitaraphil on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:53 am

Well it is nearly one year since I purchased my Vitara and loved every minute of it.
My first premium last June was £199.29 comprehensive with business use [for two of us] that was a company called Diamond - it seems the premiums have got up a bit in 12 months.
Aged 55, 10 years no claims, clean licence, comp insurance with business use with 5000 miles a year myself + partner - their renewal quote is for £252!
I have been getting quotes over the last day or two and the closest I have got was a Direct line £243.00.
I have even tried the companies that advertise the over 50's insurance and they were even more expensive!

Anybody else noticed now much the insurance has gone up this year?
Recommended insurance companies I might try?

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks.... Empty Re: Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks....

Post by Gar Green on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:23 am

Funnily enough, I had this very conversation yesterday with another Vitara owner. They said their insurance rose £200! Diamond who you are currently insured with are part of the admiral group, who also own elephant and confused.com. If you can find a cheaper quote within the group the renewals will match it. Although, if you agree to let the admiral group contact you after you have done online quote, the outbound caller has the ability to remove roughly 5% from the premium.

Source: I used to work for them.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks.... Empty Re: Insurance renewal is due in 2 weeks....

Post by Rattly on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:24 am

The level of insurance premium tax was put up in the last two budgets...Diamond is an Admiral Insurance brand.....try Adrian Flux!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:10 am

Exactly the same situation for me. With diamond and my renewal was around 150-200 more than last year. Going to give them a call and see what's up.

The weird thing is on the email I received, the quote that they said I had last year was totally wrong.
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:50 am

Had my renewal come in February this year with quote me happy and as you say was nearly £100 more than previous year
Put all my details into quote me happy as a new policy and i was quoted nearly £20 less than the previous year

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:12 pm

Last year £156, this year £220 with Privilege . Cheapest quote £204 with LV, £398 with Admiral.  I will stay with Privilege because its not worth the effort to change. The 2% increase in insurance tax appears to be nearly £70. Strange mathematics, we are all different but I think the insurance companies just make it all up.
Graham
Still cheaper than my old GV which was group 23. So shouldn't grumble too much.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitaraphil on Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:12 pm

Got a direct line quote for £200

Karl I tried quote me happy but they come back with £290, I am sure these insurance companies make it up as they go along.

Vitaraphil

Back to top Go down

Post by jblion on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:58 am

There is never  a 'best' company in the insurance world, nor any concept of an individual as a good customer. It is therefore vital to do your own comprehensive research. As an example, if a company has had a high level of claims from 35 year old drivers, or owners of 1.1 glx models, then over and above general rises, you will be hit in the pocket. The secret is to find the insurance company who is looking to recruit drivers like you. Shopping around is the only way,

Cheers,
John

jblion

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveness on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:38 am

To update my previous post, I called diamond to discuss why it's gone up since the tax rise can't account for it all.

After a long conversation he discovered there was a £134 discount available to me. Funny that...

Stuck with them since I do actually like the policy, I just wish we didn't have to go through this every year (or 10 months for me).
Loveness
Loveness

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Hard to compare prices as the extras do bump the price up, last year mine was £200 with LV , £100 excess, legal, protected no claims and courtesy car. Renewal last month they wanted £290. Phoned them like you seem to have to every year to get a proper price and best they could do was £270. Did a comparison site search and low and behold LV with exactly same cover came out at £230. Another phone call to them and they price matched the online quote. Could have slightly cheaper by a few pounds elsewhere but not worth the hassle of changing. Wish they would just give a sensible renewal quote. I have a river cruiser as well and the insurance on boats only seems to go up a few pounds with inflation so no need to keep phoning up to haggle and folk stay with the same companies for years.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:49 pm

I have had my renewel through from direct line it has gone up between 60 and 70 pounds.i went online to directline and took a new policy out with them with all the same policy details and got it for what I paid last year.would you have not have thought someone would have checked this out.probably two different departments one not knowing what the other one is doing.this the second time I have had to do this with them.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:14 pm

You guys think that's bad. Bare in mind i'm 28 with 5 years no claims since i've been driving. I was quoted £900 in 2016 with Admiral. Somone went into the back of my parked vitara and i got his details.
Next year Admiral said it'd be £1500.00. Went to aviva and got it for £700.00

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm

I pay under £500 for two cars. That price is sickening.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by alec on Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Went with Suzuki insurance when I bought the car last year.
Paid £395. Which after reading this thread was way over the top.
Renewal figure this year £472. £200 voluntary excess (£150 compulsory)

I'm 55, 10000 miles a year, 9+ years NCD (one non fault claim in last 5 years, car park damage) fully comp, SDP&C

Tried quotemehappy got it down to £287 with protected NCD, £100 voluntary excess (£80 compulsory)
alec
alec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down