Looking At Buying A Vitara

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking At Buying A Vitara Empty Looking At Buying A Vitara

Post by Bfdsuk on Sat May 13, 2017 8:03 am

When we got out current car ( Skoda Citigo ) we didn't have any dogs, now we have 3 we need a bigger car.

Looking at a Mitsubishi ASX, ssanyoung Tivoli and a Vitara. Sat in a Vitara last week, thought it was ok but hear driving it is better .My prefer choice is the Tivoli because it's cheaper and comes with more toys but only 4 star ncap rating (3 with no safety package ). Wanting a petrol Vitara,any good?

This looks a great site.

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Looking At Buying A Vitara Empty Re: Looking At Buying A Vitara

Post by Gar Green on Sat May 13, 2017 10:50 am

We're all going to be bias here, but I think the only way your're going to know is by having a drive in all of your choices. But here's a few reasons why you SHOULD go for the Vitara.

1. They're bomb proof. Any problems reported on here are merely niggles.
2. They look great.
3. There's a good range of engines to choose from, 2 petrol and a derv.
4. The aftercare is great along with the warranty.

We could go on and on, but like I say, get in, drive them and see what you think.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat May 13, 2017 11:06 am

Welcome to the Forum!

All the above points are spot on and as you said there is also this forum Laughing

There have been several members looking at the Tivoli but im sure most have had the Vitara instead, as Gar said the dealership network is far greater and i recall Ssanyong dissapearing from the UK for a while and reappearing as Daewoo in Supermarket outlets which again dissapeared  after bankruptcy ...
Not the greatest history?

The Mitsubishi ASX is a nice car but prices can be high to get a decent spec or 4wd

Any questions please ask as altho biased we will give real life answers

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Sat May 13, 2017 4:08 pm

As long as you get a red one with a black roof you'll be fine . :-)

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Alrewas on Sat May 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Like Phil I have Vitara which is red with a black roof. It is SZ T petrol 1.6 and is 2wd as the main reason for buying it was for ease of access all my off roading having been done when living in the Middle East. I looked at all the crossovers in the price range and after testing them the Vitara came out as the best in my opinion. It is now 16 months old and has completed 16500 miles trouble free except for a faulty coil on number one cylinder which was replaced by the local dealer in 5 minutes. It seems that this was a pretty exceptional event as no one else on the forum has had that happen. The car has been to France, Spain, Belgium and various trips to Scotland. it has averaged 47 mpg used no oil and been very comfortable on all the longer trips. The local dealer is very good and I had a spare wheel , arm rest and mud flaps fitted from new. I feel given Suzuki's reputation for reliability and value for money with the exceptional specification on offer the Vitara is the stand out choice. However I am
probably biased as I bought one.!,

Alrewas

Back to top Go down

Post by Bfdsuk on Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, I forgot about ssanyoung's history. I have been a Skoda owner for 15 years now but don't like the yeti and the wife has fallen for the Vitara. Does fitting a spare wheel leave a hump in the boot?. Looking at SZT trim, maybe buying used, if getting new how long to wait for delivery?.

Last edited by Bfdsuk on Sat May 13, 2017 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat May 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Bfdsuk wrote:Thanks for the advice guys, I forgot my ssanyoung's history. I have been a Skoda owner for 15 years now but don't like the yeti and the wife has fallen for the Vitara. Does fitting a spare wheel leave a hump in the boot?. Looking at SZT trim, maybe buying used, if getting new how long to wait for delivery?.

No hump, if you can pick up an old SX4 spare you're laughing. Same size just a red rim not yellow. Wait times are pretty quick with most being in stock
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat May 13, 2017 9:40 pm

I have got the sz-t petrol 1.6 and cannot fault it.i changed my Renault captur which in my eyes was a load of you know what.had gearbox whine from new. clutch judder was terrible.and it had only done 10000 miles.dealer fobbed me off saying the whine was a trait with the captur what a load of tosh.could not wait to get rid of it.vitara sz-t is so strait forward no fancy bells and whistles just a good car to drive.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bfdsuk on Sat May 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Does SZT come with heated front windscreen and heated mirrors?. My citigo is the Monte Carlo version and doesn't come with heated mirrors, which I miss.

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat May 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Bfdsuk wrote:Does SZT come with heated front windscreen and heated mirrors?. My citigo is the Monte Carlo version and doesn't come with heated mirrors, which I miss.

Heated mirrors, yes but you'll have to got for a sz5 or S if you want powerfold. No Vitara comes with a heated front screen.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 pm

ditto gareth

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bfdsuk on Sat May 13, 2017 11:44 pm

What is the Vitara like in winter regarding condensation windscreen?, Skoda's are a nightmare.

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziga Vitara on Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 am

The fuel consumption is very low, I'm usually between 6.7-7.0 l/100 km with my 1.6 Petrol 4WD, during winter I got max to 7.5.

As already stated above, it looks great, even after owning it for more than a year it's still great to look at like an attractive woman. People are still looking at it as well.

AllGrip (4WD) system is very efficient, in November 2016 I had a congress in a ski resort and a night before snow fell unexpectedly so in the morning when I left for the resort, roads were unplowed and it was still snowing heavily, I made it to the top in SNOW mode without any problems and I picked up three co-workers on way up whose cars didn't make it any further. Beside my Vitara only Fiat Panda made it to the top without problems.
Ziga Vitara
Ziga Vitara

Back to top Go down

Post by hicky on Sun May 14, 2017 5:17 pm

had no trouble with condensation in winter .better than my focus,s .ac button made sure of that.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun May 14, 2017 6:11 pm

Bfdsuk wrote:What is the Vitara like in winter regarding condensation windscreen?, Skoda's are a nightmare.

No problems to report
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by theforestdweller on Sun May 14, 2017 11:01 pm

The Ssangyong Tivoli was at the top of my list to replace my Mokka for a long time, but didn't survive the test drive. I didn't like the look of it without the roof rails (not even an option), and even on top spec models no height adjustment on the passenger seat. I revisited the Vitara as a possibility, and once test driven had made my mind up. Now after 17 months of Vitara ownership I consider it as possibly the best car I've owned. Unpretentious, comfortable, looks good, just enough toys, and the best motorway cruiser I've owned - SZ5, diesel, AllGrip.
theforestdweller
theforestdweller

Back to top Go down

Post by Bfdsuk on Mon May 15, 2017 6:11 am

Being a short arse I need height adjustment. Looks like the Vitara will be our new car.

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 am

theforestdweller wrote:...Unpretentious

Probably the best way to sum the car up. So many people say to me "it's no Audi" or "it's no BMW" but the truth is you're paying for the stigma of owning one. My mate bought a new Cooper S. Everything was an option, even down to steering wheel controls. Ok, it's a good looking car and it goes very well, but can that compensate the amount of outlay for it? Probably not.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Bfdsuk on Mon May 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Going to fit all season tyres to the car, any recommendations?

Bfdsuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon May 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Round black ones are best. :-)

Mine came with Continentals which I think are very noisey and are only average grip in my view. I've got a RAV4 that has Yokohamas on and they are much quieter and have more grip in both the wet and the dry. I know it's a different car, weighs more and the tyres are slightly wider but when the Contis wear out I'll be looking at Yokos.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon May 15, 2017 1:18 pm

Bfdsuk wrote:Going to fit all season tyres to the car, any recommendations?

There are a few topics about wheels and tyres here;

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/f15-wheels-and-tyres

I'm still on the original set so can't comment on any others.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributeeiir on Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Buddy. I got a vitara because I have two dogs and go shooting/drive to Italy.
I got a hard tray for the boot, a net to clip on to some hooks rather than spending loads on a cage for the dogs. It's seriously good.

Tributeeiir

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Tributeeiir wrote:Buddy. I got a vitara because I have two dogs and go shooting/drive to Italy.
I got a hard tray for the boot, a net to clip on to some hooks rather than spending loads on a cage for the dogs. It's seriously good.

Can you please explain more about the net. Or even give us a photo.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Looking At Buying A Vitara Img_0910
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by STDI on Mon May 15, 2017 7:13 pm

I know about that net. I expected the net that Tributeeiir writes about to be something bigger, perhaps also to protect to the front. I'm looking for something to prevent cargo from flying forward in a crash, like some cars have as a standard or accessory. Not the Vitara though.

STDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next