Windscreen replacement - Vitara S

Go down

Windscreen replacement  - Vitara S Empty Windscreen replacement - Vitara S

Post by plunet on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Hello, after the combined wisdom of the forum. Windscreen needs to be replaced.
Got a chip just a few days ago and it's already spawned a fracture that is rapidly growing into the drivers field of vision - now over 6" long.

The last time I had to do anything with vehicle glass, windscreens were considerably less complicated.
It's covered by my insurance less the glass excess which I will have to pay, but what's the best way to approach this to get the best result?
Will the likes of Autoglass have to get a Suzuki original part to replace the screen... Any tips?

plunet

Back to top Go down

Windscreen replacement  - Vitara S Empty Re: Windscreen replacement - Vitara S

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:22 pm

The best of luck on this one!!

I posted many weeks ago that I had a scratch on my Vitara windscreen and finally they are booked to come and fit it tomorrow
Autoglass claim to have a non genuine windscreen to suit the Vitara but I think RichK and someone else have had issues getting one sorted for the SZ5 and I guess the same will apply to the Vitara S
I asked if my insurance would cover a genuine (oe) windscreen as it was an SZ5 model with all the sensors for rain/lights etc......initially they said I would have to talk with my insurance yet an hour later Autoglass called to say my insurance had agreed to supply oe confused
I was then told the screen was on back order with Suzuki and they would call to book once it arrived.
Two weeks later I was given a date to have the screen installed only to be called a week later to cancel as the screen had arrived damaged
Two weeks later after no communication by Autoglass I called them to be told a second screen had also arrived damaged from Suzuki and my insurance had also never agree to supplying oe and I was to pay the difference confused confused
This led to a very heated debate as I had never agreed to pay the difference over an Autoglass supplied screen (£220 yet a screen from Suzuki is only £220) and it turns out my insurance had indeed not agreed to oe but one of the staff at Autoglass had took it on themselves to supply oe
Finally Autoglass has agreed to supply oe at their cost but I will confirm this hopefully by tomorrow evening...........but I'm not holding my breath

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Different cars, but my sister had the Range Rover done in a few weeks back, insurance job on the glass and they fitted OE no questions.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by HILLCLIMBER on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:10 pm

Is it too late to call the number in the Suzuki information leaflets with the handbook?   0800 107 1156 according to this the parts would have to be original spec and fitted by a Suzuki authorized bodyshop.
HILLCLIMBER
HILLCLIMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:43 pm

HILLCLIMBER wrote:Is it too late to call the number in the Suzuki information leaflets with the handbook?   0800 107 1156 according to this the parts would have to be original spec and fitted by a Suzuki authorized bodyshop.

They're called Suzuki First. I think they may just be for accident damage.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:51 pm

I was always a bit confused with Suzuki First and how calling them really works.

Contractually, I have responsibilities to my insurer, I need to call them first and they determine what happens next (although I might be able to influence them). Calling Suzuki First is probably in contravention of my insurance T&Cs. But happy to get practical feedback from others on how all this works, as it is years since I've had any real interaction with an insurer.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil on Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 am

I understood Suzuki First to be a claims management setup. They do say in their blurb here that they liaise with your insurance co. https://cars.suzuki.co.uk/owners/maintaining-your-suzuki/roadside-assistance/
However whichever route you use to get the windscreen replaced will be subject availability. Had a similar issue with a Toyota RAV4 - a not uncommon car. It took 3 weeks for Autoglass to get a replacement.

Phil

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Sun May 07, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi Karl, how did you get on with your windscreen replacement in the end?

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 am

Sorry Plunet, forgot to reply
Genuine screen supplied and fitted with only a £50 excess charge
The Autoglass tech did say it was more than likely they did not have a SZ5/S screen with all the sensors hence the Genuine suddenly being authorised?

Call autoglass and explain the problems forum members are having getting the correct screen supplied
I know RichK had a Grand Vitara screen arrive and then told one was not available but not heard since what had happened.....

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t600-windscreen

Hopefully refering to the forum members problems you may get a genuine item supplied :thumb:

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by plunet on Mon May 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Excellent, thanks for the feedback. I will commence battle shortly and feedback.

plunet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down