Accessory Sockets

Go down

Accessory Sockets Empty Accessory Sockets

Post by terryk on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 am

According to the owners manual, pages 7-43 and 7-44 lists the interior fuses, more specifically for the accessory sockets thus:

Fuse  9..   15A Accessory Socket 2
Fuse 15..  15A Accessory Socket
Fuse 29..  10A Accessory Socket 3

Presumably two of the above fuses drive the lower dashboard socket and boot compartment socket, although it's not clear which is which. I plan to install a centre armrest/console (currently on order) and found a suitable accessory socket which I will add to the prepared hole in the armrest.

Having read Karl's modification to add a spur to the existing feed to the lower dash socket...see
http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t238-heated-seat-kits?highlight=Heated+seats
I wondered if there was an unused cable plug/socket lurking in the wiring loom near the above spur, which would provide power to the 'third' accessory socket. Failing that, I would complete Karl's mod to provide power to the additional socket.

That being said, I had planned on using Karl's mod to provide power to a dashcam. I didn't really want to run two spurs off the same cable feed (one for the third socket and one for the dashcam). I have had no joy in finding a wiring diagram that might shed some light on which socket is which and whether there may be cabling in place to support an additional socket in the armrest/console. Any information would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers...Terry
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Accessory Sockets Empty Re: Accessory Sockets

Post by crozier on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 pm

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by terryk on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:55 am

Thanks for the heads-up crozier. So Fuse 9 drives the cabin socket and is Accessory Socket 2. I guess some trial and error will establish what's what elsewhere!
terryk
terryk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down