Possible new owner, test drive tomorrow

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Possible new owner, test drive tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible new owner, test drive tomorrow

Post by Rattly on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:11 am

The armrest is easy to fit, did mine in 15 minutes including extending USB in it, so iPod can live there like on the two S Crosses I had previously.
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Possible new owner, test drive tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Possible new owner, test drive tomorrow

Post by Admin on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:27 am

GOUDRONS wrote:
Just hope the delivery time isn't too long, ........

My SZ5 delivery time was 6 Months.............in February my father was quoted 4-6 weeks for his Vitara S but they found one with another dealer and it was 2 weeks

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:11 am

The armrest is easy to fit took about 15 mins including re wiring the USB into the armrest as it was on my SCross
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudrons on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:29 pm

Well, order has been completed!
Vitara SZ5 1.6 Manual FWD in Galactic Grey

Expected delivery 6 weeks or so.

Goudrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Clamp the wife's car!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:49 pm

Goudrons wrote:Well, order has been completed!
Vitara SZ5 1.6 Manual FWD in Galactic Grey

Expected delivery 6 weeks or so.

Great news!
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Great news, enjoy!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Look forward to seeing pictures of your new ride camera

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudrons on Fri May 26, 2017 6:50 am

Good News!
Seems we should be able to pick up our new Vitara next Friday.

Though it'll not get much use for a couple of weeks as we're on holiday from Saturday.

Goudrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 am

Great! Did you go for any extras ?
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudrons on Tue May 30, 2017 7:18 am

No, though I'm planning on fitting the armrest kit myself and perhaps some sill and bumper lip protection.

At some point I may need to get a towbar fitted but there's a company that the local dealers use that can do it for me, used them before and they tend to work out a lot cheaper than the factory options.

Goudrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Tue May 30, 2017 9:27 am

The armrest and sill and door protectors are all easy to fit, there are fitting videos on you tube to search vitara accessories they'll pop up!

Last edited by Rattly on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Goudrons on Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Well, pick her up late this afternoon.
It's been hammering it down so no pics yet.

I have to admit, I'm smitten, it drives far better than I remembered on the test drive and I think I've just trigger my first ever speed camera after 25 years of driving when I gave it the full beans.

After that, I just tootled around and the radar cruise control is excellent, works really well.
I thought it might struggle picking up cars we pass in the near side lanes, but not once did it get caught out.

Nice bright lights really light up the unlit roads, a real bonus these days, most car headlights are  more stylish than useful.

Though the car did start a row with the Mrs, she seemed to keep getting the radar brake warnings beeping and flashing the dash red, where I didn't.
I foolishly suggested it might be because I'm a better driver and now I'm in the doghouse!

One question, can the door locks be set to auto lock when the car moves off?
I know there's a lock button on the door panel, but I'd be far happier for it to auto lock for the Mrs sake.

Goudrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:53 am

Glad it's all going well. Two things for you, there is a "near/far" button to the right of the wheel, next to the start button. Set this to near and see if that helps your good lady out. Secondly, there is no auto lock feature though there is a feature to open all doors on one unlock if you prefer that to the default one click one door, two clicks all doors.
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziga Vitara on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 am

I had often radar brake warnings in my first months and kept switching the feature off in towns until I finally admitted to myself that perhaps I should learn something from the car and start braking / reducing speed sooner. Cool Now, after almost 15 months I have them flashing very rarely so I guess I could say I became a better driver.
Ziga Vitara
Ziga Vitara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2