Vitara tried to kill me!

Go down

Vitara tried to kill me! Empty Vitara tried to kill me!

Post by Jester on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Bit dramatic I know but.....

driving along yesterday my Vitara 1.4s with nothing in front of me (50+m) on a dual carriageway decided I was going to hit something and threw the anchors on causing a dead stop from 40mph and the car following me to nearly run into me. Shocked

Took the car immediately to the supplying dealer and they hooked up to the ODBC. Technician said that there was an historical yaw sensor problem (cleared) but other than that no current faults had been found. Said to bring it back in case it happens again and that he would make enquiries with Suzuki quoting my chassis number etc. To be fair to them there is not much they can do on the evidence they have so far.

Very unnerving experience to be honest as there is a real feeling of loss of control.

Jester

Back to top Go down

Vitara tried to kill me! Empty Re: Vitara tried to kill me!

Post by crozier on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 pm

The AEB seems to have thrown the anchors on. Sounds like a glitch in the matrix. Did the driver display light up orange and the collision alarm go off?

crozier

http://www.croziergreen.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:56 pm

That's a worry!
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Yes, the collision warning came on for a second (red display and beeps) then the brakes jammed on hard.

I suspect like many others get the occasional false positive but not as many as the first reviews for the Vitara would have you think, certainly not enought for it to be a pain and I have the distance set to short anyway.

Last edited by Jester on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 am

How dirty is the front sensor ?
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 am

Jester wrote:.......... and the car following me to nearly run into me. Shocked

As the SZ5 and S have Emergency Stop Signal as standard the guy behind must have either not been concentrating or travelling too close...

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t575-emergency-stop-signal

I have had the Brake Assist warn me but never activate the brakes, pheasants are the main hazard I have locally but there is a house near my father who is a Radio Ham (huge aerials in his garden) and both me and my father have had Brake Assist warning when we drive past, obviously something transmitting near the same frequency confused

Is it a stretch of road you can travel again to see if there is any interference?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:53 pm

One thing to watch for when the dash lights up, be careful with the brakes. The first time it happened to me ( the car saw an innocent bollard to my left that it obviously didn't like ) . I braked automatically not realising that the car increases the braking efficiency by about 30%. The Vitara slowed much quicker than expected and gave the guy behind something to do. Anyway like most things I have gotten used to its occasional strange decisions.

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:14 pm

I think I may have posted before but my friend from Suzuki Italy said they had issues with electrics on the autostrada affecting the Vitaras radar and as a result the s-cross has the radar under the bumper as does the vitara face-lift spyshots

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t603-facelifted-vitara-spotted

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by graham04 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:16 pm

A bit early for a facelift, more likely a fix things lift, perhaps?

graham04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rattly on Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:14 am

I haven't had any major issues so far, some odd braking decisions, when it thinks something is wrong, would have thought on the facelift car, the sensor is down lower because of the camouflage covers! One situation I have experienced is road works on motorway it doesn't like the barriers, and have had to turn it to near.
Rattly
Rattly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jester on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:54 pm

The sensor was clean enough and it happened on a stretch of road I use daily.

Not happened since otherwise I would leave it at the dealer!

Jester

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:57 am

My crash warning regularly goes off on a road near where I live. There is a high gas pressure house about the side of a shed and inside is telemetry (I work on them in the gas industry btw) which sends data back on to a control centre. I assume when it is transmitting is when my car crash sensor goes off as I go past.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down