New Vitara SZ5

Go down

New Vitara SZ5 Empty New Vitara SZ5

Post by fazer600 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:08 pm

Picked our new Vitara SZ-5 up on the 15/03/2017, grey with black roof. Never owned a Suzuki before the Vitara. Our last car was a Renault Captur and I hated that car with a passion! We have had a few Renaults in the past and I couldn't fault them, we liked the look of the Captur so we bought a pre-registered one on the strength of past Renaults (didn't do any research) and it let us down. Having said that, the captur it was reliable if nothing else.

Once bitten twice shy and all that fuss, it was a toss up between the new S cross and the Vitara, the S cross has a better spec than the Vitara, so we did our home work on Suzuki and they have very little bad criticism. We went to our local dealers and saw both models and liked the Vitara over the S cross.

The sales rep let us test drive a diesel SZ-T, but we didn't like the diesel engine noise, so he let us test drive a petrol SZ-5 and thought it was a lot better spec wise. I don't know if was a clever ploy, but after being able to compare the SZ-T and SZ-5, nothing less than the SZ-5 would do!

fazer600

Back to top Go down

New Vitara SZ5 Empty Re: New Vitara SZ5

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 am

Welcome to the Forum Fazer cheers

I take it from your username you are a Yamaha owner so you know the advantages of Japanese design although the Vitara is made in Hungary

The Diesel (a Fiat Engine/Gearbox) you either love or hate and petrol engines are becoming so economical/clean I think the days of Diesel cars are numbered

Keep us posted on your new purchase thumbl

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fazer600 on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:34 am

Cheers Karl, the forum is a wealth of knowledge and yes I had a fazer 600 fast as a hot knife through butter lol.

Diesel is marmite lol

fazer600

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:57 am

Welcome to the forum!
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

New Vitara SZ5 Empty captur

Post by hicky on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 pm

I was the same as you could not wait to get rid of my captur very disappointed with it.although I could not fault the diesel engine.the clutch judder was horrendous and it had only done 1000 mls plus it had a terrible gearbox whine from day one.got fobbed of as dealer says it was a trait with these cars load of tosh.much more happier with the sz-t.

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 am

My son has a good spec auto Captur as a company car. Wasn't his choice but "inherited" it on a promotion at work. I must say the auto box is far far better then the Vitara auto I have, pretty seamless gear changes. So much in fact he borrowed my car to pick something big up in and he hated it and insists the car is not right. In for 1st service in a few weeks so expect the "this is normal" response by dealer.

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:37 am

Change your dealers RichK , St Peters are useless as both you and i have experienced 
Vickers also unfortunately have turned out to be a waste of time after damaging my dashboard during service and failing to get an alloy replaced on the Jimny under warranty
I now use Autosales Wolvrhampton, Josh the tech there is actually interested in the Suzuki product, within 24hrs of Vickers refusing Jimny wheel warranty Autuosales had a replacement authorised and also under warranty replaced a Sunroof seal on my Vitara which to be honest i thought was mouse/bird damage
Service like this has meant i have purchased my dads new Vitara from them and a friend his Swift in the last month instead of Vickers
Big thumbs up to Autuosales if anyone is in the Midlands 

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RichK on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Problem is St Peters are a 40 miles round trip and other nearest is Cheltenham Glos which is about 50 mile around trip. They came out nearly £50 dearer on the first service and wouldn't budge. Will see what happens and will take a print out of the auto box issues on here were I believe it can be reprogrammed but wont hold my breath for the wind whistle noise though. Also the brakes still make a grating noise when pulling up very slowly, they said they want  bedding in but now 5000 miles later still the same. Have looked at changing but px price is only £16,500 so £6k loss is a bit hard to bear after less than 12 months Neutral  Webuyanycar which I put in my details in for a laugh came out at £11750 Laughing

RichK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum