Disc Brakes.

Go down

Disc Brakes.  Empty Disc Brakes.

Post by mrgrimsby on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:49 pm

My Vitara s has done 1390 miles since delivery in November and is getting better to drive every day but the disc brakes still grind a lot, admittedly after being parked up over night in damp conditions they will coat with rust but even when that's rubbed off a bit I can still hear grinding at very low speeds like parking, I've never had a car with front and rear disk breaks so this maybe normal, the brakes seem very good apart from the grinding rubbing noise, thanks
Peter.

mrgrimsby

Back to top Go down

Disc Brakes.  Empty Re: Disc Brakes.

Post by hicky on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm

I have the same grinding noise at slowing down also I find my brakes are very sharp at times .is this due to having discs all the way round.as like you its the first car I have owned with discs all round.???

hicky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:31 pm

My GV has discs all round but does not make the noise the Vitara does
I was wondering if it was to do with the radar assisted braking that initially warns you, then boosts the brakes ready and finally hits the brakes if you ignore any warnings?

Karl
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Gar Green on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 am

I also find a slight noise, but nothing that I would ever say would concern me. I put it down to brakes need friction to stop. There is a known issue with the rear brakes which you can find a little more info on here;

http://vivavitara.forumotion.co.uk/t580-whine-noise-when-reversing-and-turning-at-the-same-time?highlight=Brake+noise
Gar Green
Gar Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down